New pier in Belize

misguidedangel

I am set to cruise on the Valor in January and it says "docked" for the port of Belize. I am wondering, is the dock open yet or when is it set to open. I also want to know what kind of shops/shopping will be at pier side so I can hopefully find some of local handicrafts I like to find. I did find some awesome shops where the tenders let us off and I hope they have the same quality of handicrafts at the new dock.

Thanks!

Jeanette

I am sailing on the Valor in a few weeks and just noticed that my online docs said docked, not tendered.

I too would like to know if we no longer have to be tendered in. I have read the tender is pretty long, docking would be nice.

Anyone been to Belize recently?

I am set to cruise on the Valor in January and it says "docked" for the port of Belize. I am wondering, is the dock open yet or when is it set to open. I also want to know what kind of shops/shopping will be at pier side so I can hopefully find some of local handicrafts I like to find. I did find some awesome shops where the tenders let us off and I hope they have the same quality of handicrafts at the new dock.

Thanks!

Jeanette

The tender is a speedboat tender, so it goes fairly fast...quite fun actually. It takes a good 15 minutes to get to the tender landing where all the shops are, if you are tendering. Where this new dock is, I dunno, because the info on the website say it's not opening until 2009!

Enjoy Belize, it is a nice place, just don't wander off the beaten path, stick to the tacky tourist shop area.....

Our itinerary said "docked" as well for our Valor cruise this past February, and there were no signs of a dock! I know there are plans for a dock, but I don't think it's close to being open. I think Carnival's website says "docked" for all port days and doesn't differentiate between being tied to a dock or being anchored in the harbor. What do they have listed for Grand Cayman?

When we were there 2 weeks ago, our tour operator pointed to where carnival is building a dock just a few miles from where you get off the tender boats now. If you've been to Belize City, then when you are on the tender boat headed into port then if you look to your left, you see white storage tank looking buildings and that's where they are building the dock. He also told us that Royal Caribbean owns the current cruise terminal so he's not sure what will happen when the dock opens. I didn't ask him when it would open though.

I have GC as tendered and all other ports as docked. I don't remember seeing that when I was there in September, but I wasn't looking for it...

The shops where you tender are quite good. I found LOTS of goods that I wanted. I'll make sure I have MORE room for stuff I buy because I am going to pay, willingly, the $40 United will charge for two bags!

• 2 weeks later...
The tender is a speedboat tender, so it goes fairly fast...quite fun actually. It takes a good 15 minutes to get to the tender landing where all the shops are, if you are tendering. Where this new dock is, I dunno, because the info on the website say it's not opening until 2009!

Enjoy Belize, it is a nice place, just don't wander off the beaten path, stick to the tacky tourist shop area.....

Which website did you find this info on?:)

Archived