Need Aft Cabin help on Westerdam

crobinv

My husband and I are setting sail in March on the Westerdam. It has been two years sinced we sailed with them and the last sailing I was expecting our first child so this is a much needed vacation without our daughter. We are planning on getting an aft cabin. We are trying to get an Aft VA or Aft SC.

Would you prefer deck 4 or 5 if you were offered a VA Aft?

Would you prefer deck 5 or 6 if you were offered a SC Aft suite?

Thank you for helping us out!

Courtney

We have sailed in an aft SC cabin and liked Deck 5 the best on the Westerdam. These two cabins are two feet longer than deck 7 where we were the year before. I think that the Deck 5 SC cabins have not been changed during the reconstruction, except that the HUGE balcony is now covered. When we were on her, it was uncovered in the back. If you can get a deck 5 SC cabin, grab it.

I know nothing about the aft verandah cabins except that they have the same depth of balcony as the SC suites, although not the width.

Be forewarned though - once you have an SC cabin you are hooked for life. My husband, who would never spring for a suite before we got a fantastic bargain a few years ago, now insists on being in a suite on every cruise, preferably an aft suite. It gets expensive, but it feels really, really good.

Roberta

My husband and I are setting sail in March on the Westerdam. It has been two years sinced we sailed with them and the last sailing I was expecting our first child so this is a much needed vacation without our daughter. We are planning on getting an aft cabin. We are trying to get an Aft VA or Aft SC.

Would you prefer deck 4 or 5 if you were offered a VA Aft?

Would you prefer deck 5 or 6 if you were offered a SC Aft suite?

Thank you for helping us out!

Courtney

Courtney: We are sailing 11/30 on the Westerdam and have 5190. If you do a search on the HA tread for: Westerdam suite 5190 you will see some great pictures a man posted for me.

Ann

Godley TX

The answer to your question really depends on whether you like sun or shade. If you like shade, go for deck 5; if not, don't. Also, if you like sun, check out the aft SCs on Deck 4 (see link in my signature for photos) - the veranda is much larger than deck 6.

I'd definitely go for an SC if you can swing it - the extra space and the full suite perks are really fun to have. And it won't necessarily spoil you forever; we followed up our Westerdam cruise with a oceanview on Veendam, and for Alaska that was just fine.

Enjoy!

We're spending ten days on the Zuiderdam in April 2010 on a Panama Canal Cruise and chose 4180, based on the sun factor, and posts here on the board. We also have 7151 booked for next April on the Westerdam, and hope there will be enough room and sun to be able to enjoy our choice. I hope anyone with experience in either of these two suites would advise.;)

Archived