Tampa Hotel/Port Question

sunshin9

We leave on the Legend out of Tampa 12/7 and booked a hotel room for Saturday night near the airport. They do not offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal though. Are there any hotels that do? Also, does anyone know about how much a taxi would be?

Thank you in advance!!!

Jamie

We leave on the Legend out of Tampa 12/7 and booked a hotel room for Saturday night near the airport. They do not offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal though. Are there any hotels that do? Also, does anyone know about how much a taxi would be?

Thank you in advance!!!

Jamie

We stayed close to the airport and the taxi was around 20 dollars. Its not that far.

We stay at the Marriott Waterside prior to each cruise from Tampa. The last time we stayed there, we checked out just prior to the 12pm checkout time and by the time we were on the ship was just 15 minutes. I had to check my watch twice because I just couldn't believe it. It's also within walking distance of Channelside and the Aquarium if you get in early enough to do some sight-seeing.

We drive in from Orlando, and just valet the car at the pier, which saves a lot of time, so I'm sure it would be quicker for you if you are just getting off a shuttle and don't have to get a car checked in and paid for.

Great hotel and if you ask for a room facing the port, you will see the ship coming in in the morning (if you are up at 4-5am).

Thank you in advance!!!

Jamie

The Courtyard by Marriott and residence inn by Marriott downtown share a free local shuttle within 2 or 3 miles (incl. channelside and ybor city).

I'm not sure how much you want to spend but depending on your circumstances, you may be able to get a good rate.

We're leaving on Sunday on the Legend and booked the Laquinta Airport for about $75.00. The shuttle is available for $20.00 and you can also arrange for the shuttle to pick you up and take you to the airport the day the cruise comes back in. Although many of the hotels mentioned above are NICE and may have free shuttle, for US, it wasn't worth $130-$150.00. Plus, the Laquinta has free breakfast, and is across the street from a huge, nice mall with many restaurants. Anyway, I guess it all depends on your budget!

We stayed at Howard Johnson Downtown plaza...they had airport pick up, shuttle to port and shuttle in a 3 mile area....which included Ybor city.....hotel was nice, its just been renovated and it only cost us 79 for the night....we did have about 13 rooms, but give them a call you may get same price....

Go to easy click travel dot com and you can get a four and five star

hotel for half the price listed on the hotel web site.

we stayed at the Marriott Waterside and LOVED it.

the hotel was so nice.

you can go out on the back porch of the hotel and see the ship!!!

it is that close!

also for the return home to the airport, we purchased shuttle tickets from bay shuttle for around $8 pp right at the port. they gave you a ticket

and you had to produce it when you disembarked from the ship.

there were alot of vans waiting. I would use them again.

Well I actually got our room on Priceline for like, $56 out the door with the name your own price. The hotel is the Bayside, I think that is what it is called. It used to be the Renaisance Bayside. When I called the hotel they said they have airport shuttles but no port. I am thinking I made a mistake and that I should have requested a different area of Tampa. Has anyone stayed there?

Thank you in advance!

Jamie

We have stayed at the Hojo now 2 times. Once was on the Inspiration in June and we just stayed on the 25th prior to the Legend cruise. In .June we paid $79 to park with parking for $5 a night then last week we paid $90 with $5 to park. We did see to park at the pier was $98 for the week or $115 for valet. There are shuttles to the airport, pier and channelside. Hotel is older but there were quite a few people from the hotel going on the ship maybe 30.

Lexi

Archived