Handling Pre-Cruise STRESS!!!

gman0119

I posted this on our members travel group a month or so, and got some good replies, so I figured the least I could do is get it here, and see what other things people can dream up!!!

Ok, I am tired of the lackluster too. I am going to reveal things about myself that are either going to make you laugh, or that will make you avoid me on the boat...

I am a 26 year veteran deputy. I live in the part of Louisiana that got hit by Gustav and Ike. Because of my job, we never leave. We stay put, in buildings all over the area. I was stuck at our Training Academy for both storms. Nothing like being heterosexual, and having to sleep with about 40 other guys (Yuk), and 1 shower for all of us.

For the first 20 years I worked here, I worked forensic photography. I have seen the worst of the worst.

The reason I said all this is just to let you know that I deal with stress on a regular basis. I am not going for pity, I love my job, and wouldn't have it otherwise. I am the type of person that shines during hectic times, and goes completely crazy when times are "uneventful". I love and live for vacations, especially when it is a cruise.

So for our cruise coming soon, I am starting to pace, tap my fingers, and live through the frustration of it taking so long.

So I decided that we should all give the ways that we are dealing with this anxiety!

Here are some of mine (brace yourself for demented comedy)

1. I've been much more rude to shoplifters than usual. One of them (a male) cried when I cuffed him, and said I should let him go, because he had the money to pay for the DVD's, and his fiance' was pregnant. I looked at him, laughed, and said, "Then you are a real dumb*** for stealing this junk!!!" I am usually at least a little nicer than that...

2. Losing patience with my wife. I have been a little short with her at times, and I'm not proud of that one. I do love her very much. So, I have trained myself to yell at our cats and dog instead. They are always up to something I can blame on them!

3. Drinking

4. Fishing

5. Drinking and fishing

6. Stop reading recent posts from ones who just got off the ships... I want to KILL THEM... LOL

7. Read a criminal their Miranda Rights in reverse order, just to see if they are paying attention. (Most of them aren't)

8. Tell a criminal that I am not going to advise him of his rights, so he can say anything, and after he says something, tell him or her I was lying... (you should see their faces!!! Don't worry, I tell them the truth.)

9. When directing traffic, use subtle hand motions, then chew out drivers because they aren't obeying my orders! (Just drivers I know, don't worry.)

10. Make school buses wait in traffic and wait and see how long it takes for the driver to get mad, because the kids are going nuts and the driver is late!

Ok, so now it is someone else's turn. How are you dealing with the pre-cruise stress?

Heck, I should have made this a new thread on the board. GOD, I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF I COULD BEAT A PRISONER... Ok, I feel better now.

(And yes, I was joking...)

Ok, everybody, jump in on this:D

The less I think about the cruise the faster the time goes. I try not to book early because once it's booked all I focus on is planning. My first cruise was booked over 2 years in advance and I'll never do that again.

Love it!!!!

I work in child support enforcement so my day to day job is stressful as well (not as stressful as yours)....reading the boards actually calm me down...I have packed and unpacked on paper several times...this helps too. The hardest part for me is...I am a stress eater...so these 10 pounds I want to lose....aren't getting lost...lol.

Have a blast...it will be here and over before you know it!

I shop "for the cruise" Yes it bites to wait for the cruise. I too was hit by Ike. Our house is still here but it will be a while before things are back to normal. your problie not too far from me. We live by Winnie Tx. Not too far from the beach. We had a cabin on the Penninsula and it is GONE! Infact all of Gilcrest is wiped clean. Hope you enjoy yourself. Good luck with your stress!;)

Archived