Royal Caribbean~ Monarch of the Seas

:confused:We are going on a 3 day Bahama cruise Feb. 27th on Monarch of the Seas. I have looked through the forums and do not see anything about Monarch of the Seas. I heard that she has been docked for a makeover.

Has anyone been of this ship? We have been on Princess to Alaska and Disney cruise. What is the comparison? Thanks!

:confused:We are going on a 3 day Bahama cruise Feb. 27th on Monarch of the Seas. I have looked through the forums and do not see anything about Monarch of the Seas. I heard that she has been docked for a makeover.

Has anyone been of this ship? We have been on Princess to Alaska and Disney cruise. What is the comparison? Thanks!

Monarch of the Seas has been doing 3 and 4 night cruises out of Los Angeles. She just moved to Port Carnavel and will sailing from there then.

I just took her in September. She's the smallest major cruiseline ship I've ever been one. Others I have been on are the Jewel, Freedom and Radiance with Royal Caribbean and the Sapphire and Coral Princesses.

First time I've cruised and didn't have a balcony as the only balconies on the Monarch are suites. The cabins were pretty small. I was in a cabin by myself and I was thinking not sure how some of those people were fitting 3 people in those cabins.

All in all though, she's a great ship and it had a fantastic crew and I had a fantastic time. Actually looked at trying to fly down, while I was Outside for Christmas to take a fast 4 nighter but just couldn't fit it into the schedule. Mom kept reminding me I was coming Outside to see other relatives too :D

Susan :)

All that means is that no one has started a roll call thread for the Feb 27 sailing. You could be the first to start one.

The Monarch is one of our favorite ships. She is an older ship but is being refurbished in the Bahamas as we speak. She has the friendliest crew we've ever encountered. Since we've sailed on her 8 times in the past 2 years I almost cried when we disembarked on Oct 3.

She left for the east coast on Oct 17.

You will love her.:):):)

we have been on Monarch twice...obviously not to the Bahamas though. She's a great ship and has been very well taken care of. I am sure they will give her a bit of an update while docked. We did do a Bahamas cruise on Disney and it was a good time but feel that we got a better value from RC and Monarch for the short cruises we haver been on

I cruised on Monarch in 2006 and on Disney Wonder in 2008. The smallest inside cabins on DCL are 184 sq. ft., and insides on Monarch are 119 sq. ft. If the prices were comparable, I'd probably choose DCL because I'm a big Disney fan. However, I booked the Dec. 8-12 cruise on Monarch last week due to the great price. I can put up with a tiny cabin for 4 days at those prices. :)

Are MOnarch & Majesty going to go to pulmantur like Soveiregn(how do you spell that?) anyway? If so, when?

BTW--Monarch is a nice ship & the crew are fab. we will be on her next week!!!! and have been on 3 cruises on her out of LA

Yep...........the cabins are small.

The crew is some of the best the RCCL has!! If you are going to do anything besides sleep in your cabin.........pick another ship.

The Monarch has everything that anyone wants........from trivia to incredible shows. We had the Drifters on our last night....doing the Panama Canal repositioning.

And.......yes.........the Monarch will be going away......at least that is the plan as of now...........probably in the year 2010. That still gives us plenty of time to enjoy a ship that transitioned us from the old style ship to the new style ship...........back in the 1990's.

Rick

Archived