Rental Cars West Palm Beach Airport/Port of Miami

Coochuck

Help Please, Flying into and out of West Plam Beach Airport for a week long cruise out of the Port of Miami.

What rental car companies service both Port of Miami, and West Palm Beach Airport?

How for is the Airport from 95?

How fast are the shuttles post cruise to the rental cars?

If we take a cab to thier location, what is the cost?

From personal experience, what is the best rental car agency to use?

Thank You

Help Please, Flying into and out of West Plam Beach Airport for a week long cruise out of the Port of Miami.

What rental car companies service both Port of Miami, and West Palm Beach Airport?

How for is the Airport from 95?

How fast are the shuttles post cruise to the rental cars?

If we take a cab to thier location, what is the cost?

From personal experience, what is the best rental car agency to use?

Thank You

I also live in South Jersey marlton and we are flying in to Pbi then leaving out of Port of Miami the Pearl.

I have reservations with avis at pbi then drop off at a off airport site in Miami m6i is the avis designation then its a $10 cab to the port so they tell me.

The other choice is Dollar pick up at pbi drop off at Miami airport they are off site a little then They have a shuttle from the rental agency to the port for free.

Thrifty is 1/2 the price of avis and hertz I checked and I have Platnim preferred or something like that with Avis.

if you cab from Miami airport its apro $28 flat fee to the port.

PBI as far as friends tell me in Boca is 1 1/2 hrs to Port Of Miami.

We plan to stay in Ft lauderdalethe sat before the cruise then drive the 45 minuites to miami airport drop dollar car off then shuttle to port if the shuttle looks slow I will hop in cab.

I hope this helps.

Jeff ( lived in CH 20 yrs in Marlton 5 yrs.):)

Small world Jeff. We are going on the Pearl December 7th. What date are you going on your cruise? Thanks for the info. Just one quesiton....I believe that Avis has a location near the doc as opposed to traveling back to the airport. Are you useing their pier location, or the airport location?

We just grabbed a cheap airfair(168 round trip), which is why we are flying into PBI out of Philly. Got family all over the Boca area which we will visit pre and post cruise.

Thanks, Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

I too am sailing on the Pearl on the 7th, but flying out of PBI on the 14th. I've rented from Alamo at MIA before and they were fine, picked us up from the cruise terminal and they had the cheapest rates at the time.

The rental cost this time have gone up dramatically in the last 2 days though, I knew I shouldn't have procrastinated lol.

We are flying into Miami but out of PBI. We are renting a car through Thrifty. They will pick you up at the Port and shuttle you to their car lot. I have heard the wait can be a while. There is also a great thread on the Florda Departure site that tells you how to get an Orlando Magic card (just print if off of the computer) and then enter a code for your car. Our car is going to cost us $23.00 (plus tax of course) still saved us $7.00:)

I live in the West Palm Beach area so maybe I can help.

It is just over 60 miles from PBI to the Port of Miami. PBI is adjacent to I-95 and has a direct ramp to the highway. The travel time GREATLY varies depending on the time of day due to traffic. If you try and drive to Miami before 10am be prepared for a LONG trip. However, after 10am it will only take an hour or so.

As for renting a car - you might want to try Priceline.com. Otherwise, try Enterprise. It isn't located directly on the airport property, but is relatively close and worth the effort if paying full price.

I live in the West Palm Beach area so maybe I can help.

It is just over 60 miles from PBI to the Port of Miami. PBI is adjacent to I-95 and has a direct ramp to the highway. The travel time GREATLY varies depending on the time of day due to traffic. If you try and drive to Miami before 10am be prepared for a LONG trip. However, after 10am it will only take an hour or so.

As for renting a car - you might want to try Priceline.com. Otherwise, try Enterprise. It isn't located directly on the airport property, but is relatively close and worth the effort if paying full price.

It is great to have someone who really knows help out on this one! We are coming to PBI Thursday night at 9:30 p.m. and cruising on Saturday. Will we still have a tough time going from West Palm Beach area to Port of Miami on a Saturday morning?

It is great to have someone who really knows help out on this one! We are coming to PBI Thursday night at 9:30 p.m. and cruising on Saturday. Will we still have a tough time going from West Palm Beach area to Port of Miami on a Saturday morning?

You are good to go on a Saturday morning - shouldn't be any traffic at all. Shouldn't take you more than an hour or so from PBI to the POM.

We are from NJ also, and are flying into PBI on 1/3/09 for our cruise out of POM on 1/4/09. We have booked at Avis ($51 for a minivan, $37 for compact) and plan on returning to the downtown Avis location and then take a cab to the port.

On the way back, since we are a group of 12, we plan on taking a van from POM to PBI...that way we should be able reach in time for our flight back (3:30 PM).

Enjoy your cruise...

Archived