Barbados info

matetomi7

Newly retired, I want to explore the islands. As well as St. Thomas and a few others, I will be visiting Barbados. I have heard about something called El Tigre and wonder if this is a forest reserve or some sort of entertainment. I am a nature lover and snorkeler and would appreciate any information forthcoming.

Newly retired, I want to explore the islands. As well as St. Thomas and a few others, I will be visiting Barbados. I have heard about something called El Tigre and wonder if this is a forest reserve or some sort of entertainment. I am a nature lover and snorkeler and would appreciate any information forthcoming.

Google El Tigre Barbados and all the information is there

Yes, El Tigre is a catamaran. I just went on a tour with them last week. It was their 5 hour tour which included 2 snorkel stops and a stop for lunch. One of the snorkel stops was wth the turtles.

I really enjoyed the trip, it was not rushed and the crew was great. I will go on one of their trips again when I go to Barbados again.

Bubbachief, on our tour there were 10 people. We did see other boats that had MANY more people. Our boat seemed to time the stops so the other boats were leaving when we arrived. So when we were there it was not too crowded.

Thanks for the info. How was the snorkeling? Clear water, many fish? We snorkel in Hawaii and really have gotten spoiled.

"Clear water, many fish? We snorkel in Hawaii and really have gotten spoiled."

The waters around Barbados are generally quite clear, unless there's a north swell. Visibility is generally from 30-90'.

I can't say that we have an abundance of fish as one would find in the Indian Ocean or the South Pacific, but their quantity and quality hold their own in the Caribbean.

If you are used to snorkeling at Hanauma Bay in Hawaii, you may be disappointed here.............

Archived