room upgrades

Charlie1234

We are first times cruisers, on booking we agreed to have the option for an upgrade etc by p&o just wondering do p&o upgrade passengers frequently thanks

it does happen.....

we were on our first P&O trip last year and got an upgrade! the way i understand it is like they do on a plane...

1. three sections 1st - Bizz - Eccon

2. eccon full and a wait list of passengers who are prepared to pay that price only..

3. airline wont waste empty seats up front so they move people around to get the others on the flights..

4 . they'd rather have full seats at a minimum revenue that totally empty ones!

not quite sure how it transfers to cruise ships exactly, but i'm sure they'd rather the ship be full than only the lower band insides and balconies full!

it's a case of fingers crossed really! you agree to be moved when you book, they told us about 2 weeks prior to sailing last year, but i bet people have not known until they got to the ship itself...

the only problem you have, is that your bag tags are specific to your room, so you bags will get dropped there! we obviously knew both our old and new room numbers were, so we simply went to find any stray bags at the original room....

hope that answers your question!

thanks we will just have to wait and see then

yeah thats half the fun....

what you gone/going for?

inside or balcony? we got an upgrade on the arcadia to a large inside! not sure all ship have two size inside cabins????

it was massive!

i'm sure that balconies work in position on the ship as well as extra size too?

Hi

We just booked an inside cabin on oceana, as thought we wouldn'tbe in there that much, we fly ouy to caribbean on boxing day where are you off to on Friday?

carribean.....

there are 101 different views on whether to have an inside or not.... we always do... and i'll leave it there as little pro-con arguments soon break out otherwise!!!

you will work out after your 1st cruise whether you'll continue that way or not... and only you will know!!

the carribean is great for the cruiser IMHO though... last cruise we just went from one islands beach to the next one ... not one for tours or scenery!! sometimes i get off the ship, others i don't! this trip is 50% seen before 50% not seen, so MAY stay the odd day onboard around the pool where it's nice n quiet! it's always a cheap time for spa treatments on port days too...

you away for new year then??

• 4 weeks later...
We are first times cruisers, on booking we agreed to have the option for an upgrade etc by p&o just wondering do p&o upgrade passengers frequently thanks

I think upgrades are a figments of imagination. There are always stories about great deals and upgrades, but unfortunally thats what they are figments of imagination.

I think upgrades are a figments of imagination. There are always stories about great deals and upgrades, but unfortunally thats what they are figments of imagination.

Incorrect.

We have had 2 upgrades in 4 cruises.

We always say that we will accept an upgrade if offered and have done very well out of it.

We went from the cheapest inside cabin on Oceana to a large (double sized) family inside cabin, which was also 4 decks higher. The priced difference between the 2 cabins was £240 each, so a benefit of £480.

On Arcadia we also had a cheap inside cabin on Deck E (E174 Grade OG) which was at the stern. We received an upgrade to an inside cabin on deck A (A11 Grade OD). This would have cost us about £100 extra each.

I sure did not imagine these!

You are being rather immature and tiring now.

Incorrect.

We have had 2 upgrades in 4 cruises.

We always say that we will accept an upgrade if offered and have done very well out of it.

We went from the cheapest inside cabin on Oceana to a large (double sized) family inside cabin, which was also 4 decks higher. The priced difference between the 2 cabins was £240 each, so a benefit of £480.

On Arcadia we also had a cheap inside cabin on Deck E (E174 Grade OG) which was at the stern. We received an upgrade to an inside cabin on deck A (A11 Grade OD). This would have cost us about £100 extra each.

I sure did not imagine these!

Thanks for putting me right on that score, I will quote you when anybody asks in future.

Archived