RCCL Jamaica Excursion...Cruise, Beach and Fun - MJ52

bajathree

Has anyone taken this tour:confused:Would like to hear about it. Did a search in the Jamaica forum but couldn't find anything other than just one persons experience....and it wasn't a good one:eek:

Would like to know where on the beach you go, did you feel safe and if you think it is good for kids ages 10 and 14. Also want to make sure the stop at Margaritaville isn't out of control.

I'm not sure about the excursion as I have never been on it. I have been to Jamaica several times and can tell you that if it's not a Royal Caribbean excursion I wouldn't take the chance. As for Margaritaville, it is a 3 minute WALK from the ship. Be careful, and if you have long hair, don't let anyone braid it!! You can get head lice. I never have but have heard about others who have. Margaritaville is usually pretty tame and not as "off the hook" as you would think it would be. Hope that is some help.

Jamaica is a pretty island, but is a 3rd world country and as in any country, you need to be careful. We have walked to Margarittaville in Ochos Rios. It is not a bad walk and there are some other shops located next to it. We have not gone to the Margarittaville in Montego Bay as it is further from the ship and, if I recall, required a cab ride. The shops at the port in Montego Bay were sparce when we were there about 1 1/2 years ago.

Archived