Are All Scheduled Ships stopping in Grand Cayman?

mellak

Not sure, but I think that if a ship were now selected to be one of the 2 per day (I have no idea how they pick them) and the Capt. elected to skip this port anyway...he would probably have a mutiny on his hands.

-Monte

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]From what I have found out from some people in Georgetown things have been OK so far and the 11th they 4 ships scheduled to come in as a test run. If all goes well they will take it from there. I am on one of 6 ships that is scheduled for Nov. 16 so keep your eye on that date and that should let you know how things are going.[/size][/font]

What they did was start over with a clean slate for the months of november and december and have been adding ships back. They only did a schedule for the first two weeks in november for an evaluation period.

i suspect at the end of this week - depending on how things went this week, they will decide and post the third week schedule, gradually adding more ships daily until back to a normal schedule.

certainly one possibility is for some cruises to reroute their schedule so they arrive in GC on less busy days.

[quote name='Volman'][font=Times New Roman][size=3]I am on one of 6 ships that is scheduled for Nov. 16 so keep your eye on that date and that should let you know how things are going.[/size][/font][/QUOTE]How do you know which six are scheduled for the 16th? I can't find a schedule that goes beyond the 12th.

Since my ship (Carnival Miracle) was originally scheduled to be there on the 16th I have particular interest inthat date.

I should have read closer - your ship is one oof the original six (like mine) scheduled, and we'll have to wait and see how many actually make it!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Grand Cayman on the 11th. Their were four ships in port. The lines to return on Carnivals tenders were very long(two ships), but the lines for RCI and Princess were very short. Georgetown is in pretty good shape. Some shops are still closed but most are open. 99 percent of the trees are bare. Many houses gutted. The island is so flat the storm must have just rolled over and thur them. The stingrays are doing fine.
Any questions just ask.
Steve

[quote name='vickisteve']We were in Grand Cayman on the 11th. Their were four ships in port. The lines to return on Carnivals tenders were very long(two ships), but the lines for RCI and Princess were very short.
Any questions just ask.
Steve[/QUOTE]
I guess that depends on what time you tried, because I found the opposite to be true (I was there on the same day). I just walked on tenders coming and going from/to the Conquest.

Archived