Time for all-inclusive?

Mom2ncr

The Carnival Imagination itinerary says it's in Cozumel from 1pm-10pm. If I'm reading Mr. Sancho's and Nacho's information correctly, it says that their beach closes at 5pm. Is that correct? If so, I'm thinking it's not worth going there for just that few hours and then what do you do at night? I'd definitely like to do either some type of water activity (parasailing or jet ski) with my teenager and lay on a nice beach, but am surprised that they close at 5pm. She can't drink and 2 is about my limit, so a "pay as you go" would be good. Is the 5pm closing correct and if so, any recommendations for a 1-10pm schedule? Thanks!

The Carnival Imagination itinerary says it's in Cozumel from 1pm-10pm. If I'm reading Mr. Sancho's and Nacho's information correctly, it says that their beach closes at 5pm. Is that correct? If so, I'm thinking it's not worth going there for just that few hours and then what do you do at night? I'd definitely like to do either some type of water activity (parasailing or jet ski) with my teenager and lay on a nice beach, but am surprised that they close at 5pm. She can't drink and 2 is about my limit, so a "pay as you go" would be good. Is the 5pm closing correct and if so, any recommendations for a 1-10pm schedule? Thanks!

You might want to ask the tour companies if they have extended hours.

With the time change, the sun sets in Cozumel a little after 5pm.

Cheers!

I'm in the same boat (so to speak) since I will be on Imagination on Dec 15, same time constraints.

I've been to Cozumel before, but I'd like to do some beach time. It will be snowy and/or cold at home, after all. :(

I haven't ever been there, but Paradise Beach doesn't charge an admission fee. In order to use the chairs/umbrellas, it's a $10 charge or you just spend $10 on drinks and/or food. That should be easy enough, even for me who doesn't drink much. I can't see going to an all inclusive for a couple hours and trying to get my money's worth of admission.

I found that out by clicking on the ad on the top of the page.

I don't know what to do at night, since I've always been on board and sailing away before sunset. ;)

I'm hoping Los Cinco Soles will be open a bit later. A little last minute Christmas shopping will be good for me.

Hope that helped you out a little.

Right, the ships are usually on the time zone from the port where they left - from Florida the ships will be on eastern time. Cozumel is central time so it's an hour behind the ship time and all port times are shown in ship time, so your schedule says you arrive at 1 and leave at 10, but in Cozumel time, you'll arrive at noon and leave at 9. Be sure to check your watch and make sure you keep it on SHIP time, NOT local time - you can miss the ship that way!

I'm in the same boat (so to speak) since I will be on Imagination on Dec 15, same time constraints.

I've been to Cozumel before, but I'd like to do some beach time. It will be snowy and/or cold at home, after all. :(

I haven't ever been there, but Paradise Beach doesn't charge an admission fee. In order to use the chairs/umbrellas, it's a $10 charge or you just spend $10 on drinks and/or food. That should be easy enough, even for me who doesn't drink much. I can't see going to an all inclusive for a couple hours and trying to get my money's worth of admission.

I found that out by clicking on the ad on the top of the page.

I don't know what to do at night, since I've always been on board and sailing away before sunset. ;)

I'm hoping Los Cinco Soles will be open a bit later. A little last minute Christmas shopping will be good for me.

Hope that helped you out a little.

Walk along Melgar (main drag along the water) to the plaza where the big flag and clock tower are. Christmas decorations will be up along Melgar and in the plaza. At the plaza walk 1 block away from the water to Ave 5. Lots of little shops.

From what I had read on this site and on their website, Mr. Sanchos has no entrance fee and you can pay as you go. Is this still correct?

I am arriving on the Imagination as well and saw that there is 4 other ships in port. How busy will a beach like Mr. Sanchos be?

You can go and do the free entrance, they do ask that you eat drink etc to use the facilities and chairs etc. Personally I don't think you can get a better deal than prepaying the all inclusive for $40 usd per adult listed in a thread below. You are guaranteed a lounger and a little bit more personal attention. There is a thread below with information.

• 3 weeks later...

last time I was in Cozumel, people I sat with for dinner had rented scooters right where we got off the boat...but I've seen a lot of negative posts on various websites warning against that. I want to stay away from that main street of shops because I thought it was kind of boring and I'm not into that shopping, I just wanted to roam around the island and find a nice quiet beach or something...but one where food & drink are available. Any suggestions? What about driving over to the mainland...anyone been there?

last time I was in Cozumel, people I sat with for dinner had rented scooters right where we got off the boat...but I've seen a lot of negative posts on various websites warning against that. I want to stay away from that main street of shops because I thought it was kind of boring and I'm not into that shopping, I just wanted to roam around the island and find a nice quiet beach or something...but one where food & drink are available. Any suggestions? What about driving over to the mainland...anyone been there?

Can't drive over to the mainland - no bridges. You'd have to take the ferry then rent a car/bike/moped once you got to Playa Del Carmen. Truly, from what I've been learning, you shouldn't have to go far at all to find a beach - the further from town I would guess the quieter the beach would be (that's why we're doing Nachi Cocum). I've also heard that the water can be very rough on the east side so I'd stay away from there if you plan to swim. I do know there are quite a few ruins as well as lighthouses scattered about the island and I've heard you can rent a jeep with insurance for $55 so that would be an option for you. There's really only one road (partially dirt) that goes all the way around the island hence the need for a jeep!

There are lots of beach clubs and being at the eastern edge of Central Time, it does get dark early during December and January.

Please do not consider renting scooters, one accident and your life or vacation is ruined and I have seen hundreds.

No need for a jeep, the road is all paved and the dirt road extension has been closed to the public for years. All four wheel drive vehicles have the four wheel drive disabled and if you did travel on a dirt road, that would violate the terms of your rental contract and nullify your insurance.

There are a couple of safe areas to swim on the eastern, undeveloped side of the island depending on the weather. When seas are rough on the west side (ship pier side) often they are smooth on the east side. Most of the beaches on the west side are safer, easier for swimming.

Do not drink and drive as Cozumel has gotten strict in enforcing alcohol laws. You can hire a taxi by the hour which can be a good option. Leave the driving to a local and enjoy the scenery.

Archived