cruising w/ teens 13-17 years old

carrielovesnclx3

I'm a 14 year old teenager and this summer I went on a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise. It was probably one of the BEST vacations ever.

The main reason I had so much fun was because of the teen club. The teen club is for kids 13-17 years old and I made so many friends there. I made friends there from all over the world!

Some were from the US, Canada, Scotland, England, Germany, France, and Spain! It was really cool. We went bowling, rock climbing, and played a lot of other random games. One game we played was on the last day of the cruise our two councilors hid somewhere on one of the three levels of the ship. If we found them, we got to pie them in the face.

Unfortunately we didn't find them, but it was still a lot of fun!!!! Every night we went to the show that was playing at the theater with everyone in the teen club, then after in the teen club theres a dance party thing where theres music and lights and everything.

I loved the NCL teen club program. It gave me something to do, instead of just sitting by the pool all day or hanging out with my annoying brother. Also, it let my mom have some time to herself without me bugging her all day.

The best part about it was that I'm still friends and talk to the people I met on the cruise almost everyday! We're planning a reunion ;] lol

Seriously, if you have teenagers i recommend you go on a NCL cruise. I'm begging my mom to take me on more! lol

Thanks for posting your experience on NCL. It sounds like you had an amazing vacation!

Keeping in touch with the friends that you met may be a great thing for you later on. You may be able to visit them overseas at some point in the future. (And they might come to the US to visit with you too!)

I'm glad you posted this. I'm trying to convince my 12 and 14 year old sons to give the kids club a try on our cruise in April. So far they aren't really interested but I think if they just try it out the first day they will be hooked.

What a nice post. There are so many things to do on a cruise for all ages. I just learned my family is going to join and suprise us on our next cruise. This is so my sister's boys can get to know us beyond the one day at Christmas and one day events. They are ages 12 and 15.

We are their only living family outside of parents and grandparents. We are not young, but if they are forced to be with us I think the boys will benefit from dance classes that I enjoy. The girls in their schools would love a boy that can dance. I also think they might like pottery painting.

Sports, well at 8th grade graduation with one son I scored off him first shot. He wants a rematch. He is only like 9 inches taller than I am. He was suckered in by age. I have to practice more dirty tricks. I may just do ping/pong with them. Killer at that.

A cruise is not just the kids clubs but family getting together and having fun. I do wonder what the ship will think if a 48 year old woman hits the court at 5 and a half inches and kicks back end on a teen over 6 foot tall. I can do it.

hi im also a teen 14 i went on a carnival cruise though. It was the most fun vacation of my summer. I'm trying so hard to convince my parents to go on another. It was so much fun my advice to anyone with kids my age older or younger to definetly go to the kids club the first night. I was really shy and just broke out of my shell a year or two ago. I made such great friends from every where and that made my vacation awesomem, for me and my parents because they didn't have to see me (even though they dont admit this). If you are worried about your kids being by themselves trust me they wont be no matter where they go. I hope this helps anyone out with questions sometimes it may be easier to hear from the kids themselves then get their parents perspective cause they may not always know everything.

Archived