Does anyone know why...

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I've always thought that guns and bombs would be the last sound we ever heard, but now I realize that it will be that whiny voice croaking "look at that low life bastard wearing jeans in the dining room. I can't believe that they would dare ruin my vacation like that. Well I never!!"

Please spare me..........I would rather hear the pop of a gun..........

Ah, who cares what others are wearing? I don't go to dinner to look and see what everyone else is wearing, I wear what pleases me, enjoy my meal and leave to go do whatever comes next, I am on vacation!!! And, I am not out to impress anyone.

The "loosen the bone, Wilma" had me in stitches, LOVE IT!

Dee

DITTO.....I so agree!!!

I'm assuming it's because jeans and other non formal wear is more widely excepted than it used to be, you can look just as nice with jeans on, as you can with a pair of slacks.

Yes you can look good in a pair of jeans ha ha :)

I've seen men in faded, worn Dockers that looked far tackier than they would have in a decent pair of jeans. And, I'd much rather have Bubbette wiggle past me in the dining room looking like her fine ass got poured into a pair of tight jeans than have livestock masquerading as an extra wide load in a sequined mumu knocking me out of my chair while I'm trying to eat. FWIW, I would not wear jeans in the dining room. I only wear them when I work. You'll recognize me in the camo pants and either a Penn State or Crimson Tide tee shirt. No hat either. It's hard to wear a hat with a pony tail or braid.

The others are already trying to rule us. Their whining, "wear a tux, wear tux, it's not about YOUR vacation, it's about MINE." You know, it's odd that I've never quite equated the end of the world with a relaxed dress code. I've always thought that guns and bombs would be the last sound we ever heard, but now I realize that it will be that whiny voice croaking "look at that low life bastard wearing jeans in the dining room. I can't believe that they would dare ruin my vacation like that. Well I never!!"

I don't give two hoots in hxll about what you wear. Its the ignored, scoffed, unenforced rule that is the symptom and the problem. Replacing one unenforced rule with another unenforced rule is stupid and encourages the disrespect of all and any rules.

If you are not going to enforce a rule, then do not have that rule.

I think the change from formal to cruise elegant is NOT a reflection of customers wants, it is a sign of Carnival's corporate, "No Va!"

Dan

I don't give two hoots in hxll about what you wear. Its the ignored, scoffed, unenforced rule that is the symptom and the problem. Replacing one unenforced rule with another unenforced rule is stupid and encourages the disrespect of all and any rules.

If you are not going to enforce a rule, then do not have that rule.

I think the change from formal to cruise elegant is NOT a reflection of customers wants, it is a sign of Carnival's corporate, "No Va!"

Dan

I will agree with you on that. Most times Carnival's employees are better dressed than the cruisers that they serve. However, I think that times are changing and evolving and Carnival is changing and evolving with the times, whether that be for better or worse. Some folks are just being dragged, kicking and screaming into the brave new world.

Please spare me..........I would rather hear the pop of a gun..........

Are you freaking crazy - I know, I live in Canada and thank God we don't hear this often but to say you would rather hear this absolutely floors me. I love this board and enjoy the raport and different opinions and views but sometimes I just shake my head and ask "is this for real". Maybe you just said this to things going. Well - you DONE GOOD because you got me going.

I just joined this forum - but I'm already sick of all the threads started about Carnival's dress code.

Who is standing behind you making you click on these threads?...If you can't contribute anything to a post why do you post?.....Dennis

After reading this thread, I figure I will give MY opinion....and that is that someone at Carnival wanted to liven up the various cruise bulletin boards....and is sitting and watching, laughing their heads off at the commotion they created.

Pass the popcorn please....

It is just another symptom of our near total lack of self control and self discipline prevailing in our society today. And if we do not get our act together, we will vanish.

If we lack the strength to rule ourselves, others WILL rule us.

Dan

Ahhhh. It's good to be king! I wonder what the poor folk are doing tonight?

How:confused: Why:confused: Who's on first:confused:

They wanted to know why Carnival changed the dress code.........who better to answer then Carnival:confused:

How would that be better? If you ask Carnival 100 times you will get 200 different answers.

I think Carnival has a plan, this is just the begining of the end for the dining room. Eventually the only place we will accually be able to dine will be in the supper clubs for 50 bucks a pop!

Close. I have been saying for some time that in the future, the minority who want a formal dinner may pay for that pleasure in a private dining area.

Hey, that might not be a bad idea. The passengers who want the tuxedos, silk gowns and all the trimmings can have their own dining room where they can pay a fee to look at each others' finery while they eat.

This might just solve the problem for those who are offended by the dress habits of others and can't seem to keep their eyes on the things that please them instead!

After TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS, of a Bush or a Clinton in the White House, we were given the Hobson's choice of Obama or McCain. PLEASED with either result is sad.

Dan

Man oh man oh man

this is where i wish we had a political thread.. than that way I can tell you how much i agree with you... and amazing how the sheeple follow the herd...

But since we dont have such a thread.. i will say no such thing!:):p

Archived