Constellation Embera Tribe Tour: Authentic??

tgrllyct

Does anyone know if the Embera Tribe excursions offered through Celebrity are the authentic, real thing - or is it the staged "tourist" offering? The description on their website doesn't really specify. It is described as a 7 hour tour as follows:

The Changres River flows through the rain forest to Gatun Lake. Along the banks of the river and lake live the Embera Indians who still live much as they did hundreds of years ago and have managed to preserve much of their culture and traditions. Visit one of the Indian villages and watch a demonstration of native dances, rituals and healing ceremonies.

Obviously we would prefer to do an authentic tour, and have emailed Anne (who does these tours) for more info. (Awaiting a reply). Our concern is if we do an "outside" tour that we may not make it back to the ship in time!

If anyone has feedback it would be greatly appreciated! We are sailing on the Constellation leaving Ft. Lauderdale on 12/1/08.

Thanks in advance!

We thought it was authentic. We totally enjoyed the excursion. My husband was facinated with them. I think you will enjoy. Go for it. They seem to be very sweet people.

I thought when you went thru the Panama Canal, you were not able to get off the ship unless you booked an excursion thru them (the ship). They do this because they pick you up at another location and the shore excursions booked thru the ship are guaranteed to know where and when to have you back. (I think):o

• 4 weeks later...
We thought it was authentic. We totally enjoyed the excursion. My husband was facinated with them. I think you will enjoy. Go for it. They seem to be very sweet people.

I thought when you went thru the Panama Canal, you were not able to get off the ship unless you booked an excursion thru them (the ship). They do this because they pick you up at another location and the shore excursions booked thru the ship are guaranteed to know where and when to have you back. (I think):o

Did you get to go in the dug out canoes to see the Indian village? I read somewhere about the dug out canoes and I think that would be fun.

Thanks..

Archived