Warm or cold on Overnight flight?

JJPacer

Ia Orana,

the air conditionning system management seems to belong in the space rocket science

too hot here, too cold there. best option Do pack a sweater. I have done so over 30 years and have yet to be cold on a flight. The airline does supply you with a blanket just in case.

Bon voyage

meherio

Are you using Air Tahiti Nui? If so, they give you a blanket and a pillow. Along with a goody kit of ear plugs, ear phones, eye mask and socks. I am usually always freezing on planes. I always take a sweat jacket or something. But this flight, was nice/warm to me. Did not need the jacket. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just flew back on the redeye on Wednesday night. It was a little cool, but I fared just fine with the blanket provided to each seat. If you don't have one of those horseshoe-shaped neck pillows, I'd suggest it to avoid a stiff neck from sleeping while sitting up (if you are seated in coach). I got one of the inflatable ones, and it was just great, and took up little space when deflated.

Just back from Sydney to Auckland on LAN.. plane was comfortable..not cold

Then Auckland to LA on Qantas, overnite, plane was cool.. would suggest a sweater or jacket..if you tend to get chilled. most folks were fine with the blanket

• 1 month later...

You might be way too warm and then again you might be freezing. Be prepared for both. The airlines will provide blankets, but a warm snuggly will serve you well. And take some tylenol or something like that as you are trying to sleep- I find it keeps me from tossing and turning and being beyond sore. And hope that the airline doesn't decide to serve warm and tasty (and smelly) chocolate chip cookies half way through the night- just as you finally are asleep. It will wake you up and though the cookies are good, the sleep would be nicer!

Archived