Vow Renewal

Has anyone renewed their vows aboard a Voyager Class ship? If so, how was it? Considering it for October and would like to know if it turned out well. Thanks. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'd also like to know the answer to this one! We renewed our vows 5-years ago in Alaska, but were unable to arrange it through the cruiseline. We ended up making our own arrangements by telephone with a church in Alaska, and it was a wonderful ceremony -- our children participated in the service, and a local photographer took pictures & gave us the negatives.

We had booked our July Mariner cruise as a 16th birthday celebration for our middle son. Hubby was just diagnosed with Alzheimers, and I've been thinking that it might be a nice surprise for him if the kids and I also have a family vow renewal ceremony on this vacation. Has anyone booked a vow renewal ceremony with RCL? What is it like?

We did not renew our vows on a Voyager class ship, but see the link below for comments about our renewal ceremony on the Legend of the Seas, as well as some other feedback from others who had a little less success with their ceremony than we did:

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=37210813&r=37010493#37010493"]Vow renewals[/url]

7 previous cruises, Hawaii on Legend scheduled May 2004, and Enchantment Oct 2004

We did a vow renewal aboard Mariner, which is a Voyager class ship. We don't agree between us if it went well or not [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]so I'm not going to go there. I think a lot depends on the social host and what you expect going in.

I will just say that there is a $100 surcharge added on for this class of ship, which I am assuming goes to pay for the chapel. That makes it $500, and they will charge your card immediately upon booking it. I also understand that there is yet another surcharge added for sailings in May and October. My only intent here is to belay the surprise at the added cost.

Be glad to answer any specific questions.

Doc

Archived