The storm in Grand Cayman?

bilx0424

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm scheduled to stop in Grand Cayman Dec 3 and not the least bit concerned.

Are you sailing on Carnival Inspiration or another ship?? We're sailing on Inspiration and will also be in GC on 12/3! Can't WAIT!!!!

Are you sailing on Carnival Inspiration or another ship?? We're sailing on Inspiration and will also be in GC on 12/3! Can't WAIT!!!!

Nope. Freedom.

Dec 3 will be a busy day in GC.

Carnival Freedom

Constellation

Carnival Triumph

Inspiration

Liberty of the Seas

Statendam

Totals:

6 (16,864)

Hi, I'm on "hurricane duty" this weekend for Cruise Critic and have searching for news on Grand Cayman after Hurricane Paloma, er, stopped by. There's good news -- damage was minimal, the airport has reopened, hotels are open, shops etc. are open.

The bad news is that Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, its two sister islands, took the brunt of the Category Four Paloma. While not as relevant to cruise ship visitors, they're both lovely islands and so that's sad.

We haven't heard yet that Princess, which is the only line to call in Grand Cayman tomorrow, has made any changes so it's likely that Sea Princess may well go there.... So I wouldn't worry about December calls!

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

What will happen if GC can no longer be a port of call due to the storm:confused:? I'm booked on the Conquest 12-14-08. Thanks so much!

Grand Cayman received only very minor damage from the passing of Hurricane Paloma. The eye of the storm never made landfall and the hurricane force winds stayed largely off shore.

There were a few reports of power lines down and a few trees blown over. I expect most of that damage will be dealt with in a very few days time.

From what I have seen there should be no appreciable impact at all on the major tourist areas. Ships will likely resume their port calls very soon - with days - and perhaps even tomorrow. There will be very little sign that a hurricane just passed.

Unfortunately, our Sister Islands of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman received a direct hit from a very powerful Category 4 hurricane. Early reports are of extensive damage there. Gratefully there have been no reports of fatalities but there were some injuries.

Archived