If not Glory, which other tour???

SueCruz

I just experienced unauthorized foreign charges on my credit card and don’t want to make any foreign charges until this mess is straightened out. I explained this to Glory and offered to pay in cash at the beginning of the tour, but that wasn’t acceptable.

So now I’m looking for a full day tour including snorkeling with the sea turtles that will accept my reservation and allow me to pay in cash at the beginning of the tour. We are in Barbados almost 24 hour so we have plenty of time.

Any Suggestions?

I don't know of another tour... you'll have to look at the threads. I went with Glory in May, and they overcharged my credit card. Sarah apologized and gave me cash back when we got there, but they also had the wrong pickup time on my receipt. Sarah picked us up later, but we missed part of the tour. That was just the start of the day, and it didn't get any better. I sincerely hope you find a great tour because there are parts of Barbados that are very pretty. The Wildlife Reserve was great... the monkeys and most of the other animals are free to roam where you are walking, and there were lots of photo opportunities. The sea turtles are fun to swim with too, and there are quite a few boats that go out to see them. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

We are a group of 6 looking for a half day/full day tour in Barbados. We toured St. Lucia with Cosol last year and were looking for a similiar experience in Barbados. Because of what others on this site had to say, we were considering Glory Tours. I was very surprised to see that she wants full payment up front. Now that I've read that the two of you have had problems, I'm really not sure what to do. Do others feel that paying up front, months in advance, is unusual? What do you think our chances would be of getting a taxi for 6? Thanks in advance for your help.

I read about Cameron last year on these boards(http://www.scenicbarbados.com/).Everyone had good things to say about him.

135.00 for the car ( can carry 4 ) excess of 4 hours is an additional $ 33.50 per hour.You pick where you want to go.

Another person I found is Elvis Hinkson.You pay at the end.He uses a van.I just wrote him about the cost.You pay at the end.

When I find out more I will let you know.:)

JNCRUISEBUMS ---where did you go besides Harrison Caves?

I have decided to go with Sarah and glory Tours.Let me tell you why.She is extremely helpful in discussing where to go.

Yes,I asked about places to go and it's like he wants you to decide on your own-I have heard that from others,too.

I hope you had a great trip.

• 3 months later...
I read about Cameron last year on these boards(http://www.scenicbarbados.com/).Everyone had good things to say about him.

135.00 for the car ( can carry 4 ) excess of 4 hours is an additional $ 33.50 per hour.You pick where you want to go.

Another person I found is Elvis Hinkson.You pay at the end.He uses a van.I just wrote him about the cost.You pay at the end.

When I find out more I will let you know.:)

Did you find out anything more about Elvis Hinkson? Did you book a tour with him?

My DH and I have been to Barbados three times, and each time we have used Cameron Reid. He's courteous, knowledgeable, accommodating, and he has an immaculate car. We made some suggestions, then asked him for his recommendations. Each time, we had a marvelous day with him, and he never asked for payment until after the tour. You can email him at camireid@yahoo.com and he will reply promptly. We recommend him without reservation. Barbados is probably our favorite Caribbean island and with so much to do and see, you won't want to miss any of it! The food's great, too, and Cameron will take you wherever you want to eat--we'd recommend the Roundhouse or Crane Resort. I know you will enjoy your time in Barbados with Cameron as your driver. :)

GG

From all our ports on our upcoming cruise, getting something organized and planned for Barbados has certainly been the hardest.

I have sent an email to Cameron Reid three days ago, and still have not heard back. I wonder why some people seem to have this problem, while others get prompt reply's?

We would like to see Harrison's Cave, do some sightseeing and then perhaps swim with the turtles or go to a nice beach. To those of you that have used Cameron and went to the Caves or swimming with the turtles, did he take care of all of those arrangements for you (to reserve a time)? Anyone know how much it costs to swim with the turtles?

Thanks for any help!

I emailed Cameron last week to book our third tour in as many years. He replied immediately with the sad news that his mother had died the night before and that he had to make all of the arrangements. He has been the principal care-giver; she's lived with him for all of his life. That could explain the delay in hearing back from him.

Although we've never swum with the turtles, I feel certain that if you ask Cameron to handle the booking for you, that he would be glad to. We feel as if he is a friend--that's what kind of tour guide he is--and would never use anyone else in Barbados! :)

GG

I emailed Cameron last week to book our third tour in as many years. He replied immediately with the sad news that his mother had died the night before and that he had to make all of the arrangements. He has been the principal care-giver; she's lived with him for all of his life. That could explain the delay in hearing back from him.

Although we've never swum with the turtles, I feel certain that if you ask Cameron to handle the booking for you, that he would be glad to. We feel as if he is a friend--that's what kind of tour guide he is--and would never use anyone else in Barbados! :)

GG

Thank you for the "heads up"--that is probably why I haven't heard back from Cameron. Hopefully we'll get a response from him soon!

Archived