Water on Pride

peg3632

I am concerned over a few post regarding the water on the Pride. March 2009 will be my 3rd cruise. I have been on Inspiration and Glory. Wonderful experiences and memories on both. Could any of you Pride Cruisers let me know of your experiences with the drinking water? Thanks so much, I have really enjoyed reading all of the post.

I have concerns as well, I may have to bring water on board as I am a sodium restricted diet( I know they have a the filter thing but I have swollen up so bad in the past)The taste of it has come up alot in other posts. I have to drink a minimum of 3L(1 gal) of water a day and I would not like to swell up like a balloon or risk my BP, Kidneys,or Heart.For me I think the safest way is to bring water on board.

Have been on the Pride 3 times, and haven't noticed a problem. Like the previous poster, I drink the Lido water & the dining room water, and its fine, although we do normally drink bottled water in the cabin. The drinking water on board is most likely distilled.:)

I was on the Pride almost 2 years ago and the water was noticeably awful. I had forgotten about it until recently when some posters were talking about it and many say the water is still that way. That surprised me. So I can't tell you for sure if it is or isn't, but several are reporting it still does have a weird strong taste and smell to it, which it did almost 2 years ago. So it must just be their system.

Hi Jessica,

Take a look...we are down to 20 Days!!!!!!:D:D:D.

I'm going to bring water on board then I don't have any worries. maybe whe we get back I'll leave a review on the threads( never done that before) and let people know how the water really is. The question keeps coming up about our new CD though, I guess we will find that out when we get there eh?

Yes, it's a pretty ship, a little dark and different, but it's nice. It was a nice cruise except for the horrible tasting water, which made the coffee have that taste, and the not so good dining room food, but it was still a nice cruise. Loved the beds and bedding.

It's been so long I can't remember exactly, but it definitely was not a sewage smell. :eek: It was a strong like rusty/chlorinated smell and taste I think. I just can't tell you 100 percent, but it was very strange. Something neither of us had ever ran into on any cruise ship before. Don't be so worried about it either, we lived through it. Some say they can't even tell, but we sure definitely could.

The water on Pride is awful. Tastes and smells musty or stale. I found the water in the dining room was slightly better, but I attribute that to the ice and lemon added to the water and ice tea.

BTW I'm sure you'll hear again from all the same people who've posted about this before. Our opinions will vary and be colorful but they will be the same answers already posted. Do yourself a favor and bring along a couple bottles of water, if not for your shore excursions, then to drink while on board.

I think also for people really noticing the bad tasting/smelling water on the Pride, it depends on where they come from and how their water tastes. When you have water that tastes bad to start with, those are probably the people that are used to it and don't notice it as much. When you come from a place where there is excellent water, it will really be apparent to you IF it's still the same as it was a few years ago, which the reports seem to say that it is. I'm sure that is why some people say they don't notice it and some people say they do. The biggest thing is that we don't really hear this about other ships in particular, but we do about the Pride, so something is different with that particular ship.

My grandmother used to have the nastiest water on earth. It was so full of iron that it tasted like blood smells (you know...taste of smell...it was a centennial farm home in MI).

I am taking packs of those crystal light mixes on my Pride trip (because I want to use all my calories on the FOOD!! WOO!) just in case I do not like their water. The packs even worked to disguise my grandmother's water...so...just in case...

I think also for people really noticing the bad tasting/smelling water on the Pride, it depends on where they come from and how their water tastes. When you have water that tastes bad to start with, those are probably the people that are used to it and don't notice it as much. When you come from a place where there is excellent water, it will really be apparent to you IF it's still the same as it was a few years ago, which the reports seem to say that it is. I'm sure that is why some people say they don't notice it and some people say they do. The biggest thing is that we don't really hear this about other ships in particular, but we do about the Pride, so something is different with that particular ship.

My water here in Placer County is just fine......and we only use Brita in the house for drinking and cooking.

My grandmother used to have the nastiest water on earth. It was so full of iron that it tasted like blood smells (you know...taste of smell...it was a centennial farm home in MI).

I am taking packs of those crystal light mixes on my Pride trip (because I want to use all my calories on the FOOD!! WOO!) just in case I do not like their water. The packs even worked to disguise my grandmother's water...so...just in case...

YIKES!!IRON!!!!I have Hemochromatosis!!Iron over load...I hope the Pride does not have too much Iron in the water!!!!That's it..I'm bringing my own!!!I take the nestea drink mixes. the water here in Brandon is sooo bad I have the Britia hooked up to my tap!!!!If it is just a chlorine smell they probably use chlorine in the water in small amounts to keep the algea at bay in the lines they take the water from the ocean in. In small amounts it will not kill you just smells and taste bad..

YIKES!!IRON!!!!I have Hemochromatosis!!Iron over load...I hope the Pride does not have too much Iron in the water!!!!That's it..I'm bringing my own!!!I take the nestea drink mixes. the water here in Brandon is sooo bad I have the Britia hooked up to my tap!!!!If it is just a chlorine smell they probably use chlorine in the water in small amounts to keep the algea at bay in the lines they take the water from the ocean in. In small amounts it will not kill you just smells and taste bad..

If I were you, I would bring my own mainly due to your health concern. Dont chance it!

I have concerns as well, I may have to bring water on board as I am a sodium restricted diet( I know they have a the filter thing but I have swollen up so bad in the past)The taste of it has come up alot in other posts. I have to drink a minimum of 3L(1 gal) of water a day and I would not like to swell up like a balloon or risk my BP, Kidneys,or Heart.For me I think the safest way is to bring water on board.

I was on the Pride in Oct and didn't drink the water becaue of the smell and taste. If was definitely off. That being said, they must be using either loads of salt or MSG, in their food. I very rarely added any salt to my dishes and I'm a saltaholic, though my feet were totally swollen:eek:

So IMO, I'd bring water with you since you must drink a specific amount. Otherwise, the ship was great.

Sooo... has anyone who has experienced the supposedly nasty water on the Pride ever contacted Carnival and asked for an explanation?

No we didn't. We just dealt with it. Our water at home is really good, so we could really tell the smell and taste, but we didn't let it ruin our cruise or anything. I just remember it and when I saw people talking about it still 2 years later, it just got me thinking it must just be the way that ship's system is. Obviously if it hasn't changed in 2 years almost, then it isn't going to.

We were on the Pride a couple of weeks ago and the water was awful. This was our 6th cruise and have never experienced this on any other carnival ship. My husband agreed with another poster on here that the water had a musty or stale taste. I had the iced tea and lemonade and they were both fine.

We were on the Pride a couple of weeks ago and the water was awful. This was our 6th cruise and have never experienced this on any other carnival ship. My husband agreed with another poster on here that the water had a musty or stale taste. I had the iced tea and lemonade and they were both fine.

:eek::eek::eek:

We just got home yesterday from sailing the Pride. We definitely DID notice that the water wasn't great. It had a very strong chlorine smell in my humble opinion. In the dining room, we had ice water and asked for lemon slices to put in it - which really helped with both the flavor and the smell.

Archived