Where can we rent Jet Skis in Mahahual?

Girlfiend

We're planning on spending an unstructured day in Mahahual. I'm happy with just walking around town until I find a bar, beach, and fish shack I like, but my girlfriend really, really wants to do a half-hour or so of fish-bothering. So, for those of you who know this port...are there any beaches that offer rentals? Are the water conditions good for jet skis? (Not that we would know the difference...) How much should we expect to pay?

Thanks in advance,

--Michelle (and Sarah)

We were there last Friday and you could rent them in front of a bar called Pez Quardo for about $80 per hour. They were going way out into the water and looked to be having fun. We rented them in Cozumel so passed on this stop. We just enjoyed the beach and the bar.

Thanks guys! We want to do the jet-ski thing at the Costa Maya because we've read this port is generally less expensive than Cozumel and we don't have a lot of room in our budget for shore activities. Still, it's good to know that there's jet skis available in Cozumel, too, just in case.

--Michelle (and Sarah)

Wow! Is $80 a regular/normal amount to pay for one hour of jet ski use?! I remember renting a jet ski in Florida a few years ago and we paid $25 or $30 an hour! I thought Mexico was supposed to be inexpensive, but the things I've been researching seem HIGH!

I want the locals to make a profit, don't get me wrong, but $80 seems exorbinant!!! (Maybe I'm wrong...?!:confused:)

-Sarah

I found a website (***** dot com) that has jet skis for rent at Tequila Beach in Mahahual. Cost is $100 per hour or $55 per half hour - the same price as Key West. Another site (mexdive) has similar prices.

We signed up for Costa Maya Tours' 1-hour snorkeling trip ($30).

Wow! Is $80 a regular/normal amount to pay for one hour of jet ski use?! I remember renting a jet ski in Florida a few years ago and we paid $25 or $30 an hour! I thought Mexico was supposed to be inexpensive, but the things I've been researching seem HIGH!

I want the locals to make a profit, don't get me wrong, but $80 seems exorbinant!!! (Maybe I'm wrong...?!:confused:)

-Sarah

I have rented jet skis a few times and it has always been in that price range- usually about $50 per half hour. I don't think that price is out of line with the norm

It seems expensive to me, too, but some uninterrupted beach chair time for me will be priceless. She's like a little kid sometimes: "What are we going to do next? How about now? This is boring!" ;) I was already thinking about checking out Tequila Beach, so this will be perfect. Thanks for the info and happy cruising,

--Michelle

I was already thinking about checking out Tequila Beach, so this will be perfect.

Here's a correction to my earlier post. Although *****' website says that they operate out of Tequila Beach, the confirmation on our snorkel tour and jet ski rental says to check in at Pez Quadro Beach Club. So if Tequila Beach doesn't have them, try Pez Quadro.

• 4 weeks later...
We were there last Friday and you could rent them in front of a bar called Pez Quardo for about $80 per hour. They were going way out into the water and looked to be having fun.

Where exactly is Pez Quardo? Is this this the beach club? Did you have to pay a fee for beach use?

Thanks!

Archived