Has Anyone Been to Marmaris...????

kikibazz

I will be cruising to Marmaris, Turkey on MSC this December and was curious to see if anyone had been there? I haven't been able to find out a lot about it other than it is a seaside resort town. Does anyone have any activity suggestions???

• 11 months later...
I will be cruising to Marmaris, Turkey on MSC this December and was curious to see if anyone had been there? I haven't been able to find out a lot about it other than it is a seaside resort town. Does anyone have any activity suggestions???

I am having the same problem. We will be on Splendida in December and trying to find something to do in Marmaris. Maybe we can help each other.

Along with Alania I thinK these are the best small ports on the Mediterranean.

Marmaris used to be a small fishermen village befor the tourists attack and now it is a small town of not a lot more then 10,000 people.

it is situated on a beautiful bay and i suggest to to wake up early go on the top deck and wach the ship sliding into the bay surrounded by the high mountains.

Marmaris is the best place for independent traveling (that I am saying though I guided Israeli cruise ships passengers there!).

Marmaris is 3 hr away from Rhodes by sea.

The best things to travel there is to rent a car and drive up the mountains to the Dalyan river area and the archeology sites of Kaunos.

Another way to get there is to go by boat from Marmaris. Most boats leave at 9:00am. There are hundreds of them, just walk along the pier known as Kordom Caddesi and choose one. Don't forget to bargain and check in advance if it includes lunch and does it go also to Iztuzu Beach.

Marmaris is shoping paradise. Don't expect something original most of fashion is fake but good quality! It is the best place to buy leather but always remember to bargain, bargain, and bargain again!

Along with Alania I thinK these are the best small ports on the Mediterranean.

Marmaris used to be a small fishermen village befor the tourists attack and now it is a small town of not a lot more then 10,000 people.

it is situated on a beautiful bay and i suggest to to wake up early go on the top deck and wach the ship sliding into the bay surrounded by the high mountains.

Marmaris is the best place for independent traveling (that I am saying though I guided Israeli cruise ships passengers there!).

Marmaris is 3 hr away from Rhodes by sea.

The best things to travel there is to rent a car and drive up the mountains to the Dalyan river area and the archeology sites of Kaunos.

Another way to get there is to go by boat from Marmaris. Most boats leave at 9:00am. There are hundreds of them, just walk along the pier known as Kordom Caddesi and choose one. Don't forget to bargain and check in advance if it includes lunch and does it go also to Iztuzu Beach.

Marmaris is shoping paradise. Don't expect something original most of fashion is fake but good quality! It is the best place to buy leather but always remember to bargain, bargain, and bargain again!

We spent a day in Marmaris and it was the most perfect spot on our entire trip! Loved the atmosphere there. People are very warm and friendly, welcoming tourists. Stop by the Scorpion Bar, right after you cross the little walking bridge into town, and ask for Charlie! Tell him hello from Kristen and her mom from the USA! He will remember us! Very nice place!

Archived