Different disembarkation procedure for nationalities other than US?

Dances with Moose

We will be on Eurodam for the Dec 13th sailing.

I am a Canadian, travelling with three Americans. I seem to recall reading somewhere that for the ports of call, I need to go to a different part of the ship than they do for customs/immigration clearance. Is this correct and if so, will this cause difficulties with us getting on the same shore excursions together and/or finding each other onshore?

Immigration at the ports goes rapidly. It's like a drive by, only on foot. :D

Even if you go to a different location on the ship, you'll have plenty of time to hook up with your friends. Just agree on a meeting place in advance.

Enjoy!

On a Princess cruise in 2007 arriving in St. Thomas after a stop in St. Maarten we had to go through an immigration check onboard and there were different location to report to depending on whether you were a US citizen or not. This was all prior to the ship being cleared and anyone could leave the ship

You will have to deal with customs/immigration for your Wednesday stop in San Juan, but not in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, nor St. Thomas (since you're sailing there direct from another U.S. port).

Generally, I've found non-U.S. passport holders have to get up earlier :(, but as already noted above, this process should be done long before any excursions.

Archived