Dawn Docked in Kings Warf

cdaystravel

Hi All,

It appears as though the Dawn now docks with the Port side facing overlooking the Atlantic and the starboard side looking over the walk to the gangway etc. Can ya'll confirm or correct me on this one?

Thank you!

I don't know that it's the same every time, but on my sailing in Oct the Port side faced the dock/walkways

100_2030.jpg.d81906410d5447fe743505f0d3623876.jpg

Hi All,

It appears as though the Dawn now docks with the Port side facing overlooking the Atlantic and the starboard side looking over the walk to the gangway etc. Can ya'll confirm or correct me on this one?

Thank you!

It varies almost week to week with seemingly no particular rhyme or reason to it. In May we docked portside facing land.

That may change for 2009 with 2 ships being able to dock at once at Kings Wharf.

Happy Cruising! :)

One of my group members recently posted a link to a file showing that next year the Dawn will be docked at the new berth starting at the end of May. So who knows which way we'll be facing?:confused:

2009 Bermuda Docking Schedule (Draft)

Thanks for the link. It only shows the Spirit using the New Berth and the Dawn still at Dockyards.

Thanks for the link. It only shows the Spirit using the New Berth and the Dawn still at Dockyards.

The "New Berth" IS at the Dockyard. The dock will now accomodate 2 ships, one in front of the other. The Dawn begins using the New Berth (forward) May 27-29.

Happy Cruising! :)

Scroll down the page a little further to the May 2009 schedule.

Looks like my May 24th sailing will be the first one where the Dawn docks in the new berth.

It depends on whether or not they are doing some type of maintenance work or else they may need to do crew lifeboat drills. Those two things can change which way they are docked.

True - lifeboat maintenance.

We saw Dawn (and other ships) every week across the Great Sound from Harbour Road this past summer. Some weeks she docked port side and other weeks she docked starboard side. One week she switched from starboard to port side overnight!

Archived