Just Off the Jewel

NOVACruisers

Be careful what you wish for. His name is Rich and is not one of NCL's cream of the crop.

He's got a month to learn the ropes. Hopefully (I'm not wishing LOL) he's just getting broken in and will be a pro by mid-December.

Thanks for the answer.

Hi, just wondering when the ship arrived in MIami and what time did they start to disembark??? thanks:confused::confused::confused:

I woke up around 6AM and we were already in port. I think express disembark began on time, but I was in the 10:20 color tags, and we didn't get called until around 11AM. Also, customs was backed up a bit, it took a while to get through.

That's why cruising is so wonderful, different strokes for different folks. We sailed Dawn first and actually bemoaned the Blue Lagoon on Jewel being just like another restaurant - we missed the quick fast food take-out style. But, we loved both ships and will gladly sail either again.

Funny - I had the same reaction, as I was expecting the same Blue Lagoon on the Jewel as I had liked on the Dawn.

By the end of the cruise however, I had gotten quite accustomed to the Jewel version, and found it to be a sort of private restaurant, open 24 hours and never a wait for a table. If I didn't have a view of Halifax harbor out a window, I could watch and listen to the Alhambra trio.

We are going on the Jewel on Nov. 23. Just wondering, which of the restaurants or buffets are no charge? Is the Blue Lagoon free? Thanks.

Seamama,

Look up this page at post 45. It will give you prices for the charge restaurants. Blue Lagoon is free.

Have a great cruise.

Archived