Salto Del Limon Waterfall

MikeyD30

This sounds interesting. Anyone?

I wonder if I can book it on my own?

We're cruising with RCCL in March and were thinking of the horseback adventure to the waterfall. Has anyone done this excursion and what were the highlights?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Norwegian Dawn, we cruised Dec. 6-13th. We booked this excursion through NCL and do not regret it one bit!! It was so well worth the money we paid for it!! We did get tired, don't get me wrong, but well worth it. Once u arrive at the horse ranch and get on your horse, u ride to the top of the mountain, about 45 minutes one way by horseback. Once ur there, u get off your horse, oh by the way, each horse has its own trainer, so every person has their own tour guide, guiding your horse. Once ur there, u walk the rest of the way, this is where we got tired, but not as much as coming back down though, like maybe 10-15 walk along a muddy and slippery path upto the waterfall, but once ur there, it is a truly amazing sight!! The water is cold, i did not get in, but i made my husband go in, so i could take some pics of him at least!! LOL!! Just make sure u take a couple of water bottles, one for u and one for your horse guide, cuz they walk up the mountain alongside ur horse, 45 minutes one way and 45 minutes back down! They get really tired and thirsty. Oh, and u do cross by horseback through a river/creek, not bad at all, actually quiite fun and then once u've parked ur horse to walk the 10-15 minutes to the waterfall, u do have to cross another little river/creek, but my husband's guide was nice enough to carry me through it and another guide gave my husband a piggy back ride through it!! LOL!! If u have any other questions, just let me know. I'll try and attach some of our pics. Enjoy!!

PC080142.jpg.8bb23edd4454a5bbc97f0882e7f29031.jpg

PC080144.jpg.1a2933cd87942ecdd277883c337e32cf.jpg

PC080150.jpg.3f5da276144f3945a4cc37f608dfd45c.jpg

PC080152.jpg.2bb2ef8d59e1a2587bbd95d9739a3e8f.jpg

PC080159.jpg.747ec168cea37964d56ec7f22fee0cc5.jpg

We just got off the Norwegian Dawn, we cruised Dec. 6-13th. We booked this excursion through NCL and do not regret it one bit!! It was so well worth the money we paid for it!! We did get tired, don't get me wrong, but well worth it. Once u arrive at the horse ranch and get on your horse, u ride to the top of the mountain, about 45 minutes one way by horseback. Once ur there, u get off your horse, oh by the way, each horse has its own trainer, so every person has their own tour guide, guiding your horse. Once ur there, u walk the rest of the way, this is where we got tired, but not as much as coming back down though, like maybe 10-15 walk along a muddy and slippery path upto the waterfall, but once ur there, it is a truly amazing sight!! The water is cold, i did not get in, but i made my husband go in, so i could take some pics of him at least!! LOL!! Just make sure u take a couple of water bottles, one for u and one for your horse guide, cuz they walk up the mountain alongside ur horse, 45 minutes one way and 45 minutes back down! They get really tired and thirsty. Oh, and u do cross by horseback through a river/creek, not bad at all, actually quiite fun and then once u've parked ur horse to walk the 10-15 minutes to the waterfall, u do have to cross another little river/creek, but my husband's guide was nice enough to carry me through it and another guide gave my husband a piggy back ride through it!! LOL!! If u have any other questions, just let me know. I'll try and attach some of our pics. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the pictures.

Steve

Archived