Adventure Ocean Info..

gupsmom

We're going on the Independence of the Seas in a couple weeks. Our kids are 11, 10, 8, and twins (17 months old).

1) I'm guessing there's no way the 8 yr old can be with the 10 yr old?.

2) Are there pagers?

3) At what age can kids self check-in/out?

4) The baby/toddler programs....when are they offered and what are they like?

5) Can anyone give a brief explanation of the kid activities? We did do a RCI cruise a couple years ago but our kids were in different age brackets back then.

6) I know this varres greatly depending on parents/kids, but do a lot of people let their kids do things on their own. I know that I'd let my older 3 go get a slice of pizza (Cafe Promenade). I'm trying to decide my exact limits for this cruise and I'm not too familiar with the ship. They can't just roam freely but I'm sure there are a few places that I will feel comfortable with them going...especially since they'll be together. I just need some tips of what places they're going to ask to go to so that I am prepared to say yes or no.

7) I need to book a babysitter for the twins (just a couple hrs in the evening). Where do I go to do that?

Thanks...

Jess

1) I have never tried this, but have heard that they will make exceptions sometimes, so I would just ask. I have heard that they are more lenient if its not a week when a ton of kids are on board.

2) There are pagers for the younger group (3-5) if you want them.

3) Kids can check themselves out of the 9-11 age group and up if you sign that they can do this. I also put my 11 year old daughter on the list to sign out my 8 year old son in the 6-8 group.

4) I haven't done the toddler programs in a couple of years, but they are usually offered in the mornings and I believe they are affliated with Fisher Price.

5) I have a 13 year old, 11 year old, 10, 8, and 5 year old and they all loved the programs. They keep them very very busy with the activities on the schedule changing every 15 to 30 minutes. Usually every session has a theme of some sort (pirate, etc.) varying according to the age group. Scavenger hunts, crafts, they go to dinner at Johnny Rockets a couple of nights (usually on formal nights for the parents), so many things.

6) I let my kids go to the promenade to pick up a snack (especially the 3 older ones). I always knew where they were at but the 13 and 11 year old I would let go places with the friends they had made, but usually only during the day and they always had to tell me where they were and if their plans had changed. Usually they would just be at the flowrider, arcade, or at the pool. At night we would all meet at the pizza place after they got out of AO and I wouldn't let them roam around the ship at all, we would just go back to the room or do something all together.

7) Can't answer that one. I remember reading in a thread that they don't do the childcare anymore, but that is totally not backed up by any facts that I can recall.

Have fun!

Archived