Leather shop shuttle in Montevideo

luv2getaway

Probably still available - I understand from another poster that they had visited the shop and were not impressed. But I am sure others who have

been there will have more info for you. Probably be a good idea to go to

the shopping lecture on board to get some recommendations about quality

and prices. (Of course, I think the cruise lines get some type of "kick-back" from the stores they recommend) but I would think the stores and

merchandise would be of good quality or the cruise lines would certainly

hear about it from a lot of unhappy passengers !! :(:(

Dileep, do you happen to remember the address for Leather Club Outlet? I want to go there. I've been trying to find names of leather stores in Montevideo but there aren't very many with websites or with listings in the Yellow pages.

I too have heard horror stories about the shuttle and don't want to use it (even though people have suggested using it simply as transportation to get into the city). I hate hard sell and pressure.

THere are a few shuttles at the pier vying for your ride to their store. Once you arrive you can just leave and take in the downtown. Most are in the downtown area. Ours was a 5 minute walk to the downtown. When we wanted to return to the ship we went back to the store and got in the shuttle. No questions asked.

Dileep, do you happen to remember the address for Leather Club Outlet? I want to go there. I've been trying to find names of leather stores in Montevideo but there aren't very many with websites or with listings in the Yellow pages.

A bit more searching and I found it: LEATHER OUTLET CLUB, DIECIOCHO (18th) DE JULIO.AV. #907 but a cross street would be helpful since it is impossible to locate things using Google maps or the Microsoft equivalent.

I just saw the picture you posted and have downloaded it. I hope the local signs haven't changed!

Thanks

Archived