Hawaii in summer

emste

Okay, temperature wise, there isn't a lot of difference, but there will be more rain in the winter than summer. The summer has higher humidity. Prices will be at their peak at both times of the year and the crowds can be pretty heavy in either season, but crowds will be less in the summer as most folks don't want to go from one hot climate to another.

We've been to Hawai'i many many times in all seasons and we prefer fall, as the prices are a little lower and the humidity is less, however I would pick summer over winter.

Have you checked out the "Revealed" series of books? They can also give you an idea of what's available and what's happening at certain times, as well as prices and temperatures.

Another plus to winter/spring: Whales.

The big minus to winter is the potential (not certain by any means!) of inclement weather. We once went to Kauai and the BI for 10 days in January and the temperature never reached 70. We came back with less tan than we arrived. Not really a big deal, there's lots to do besides tanning.

And the sun can be pretty tough in summer. "Lahaina" is a Hawaiian word for "jeez, it's hot."

To me the big thing about winter is that you are likely leaving someplace cold or snowy or foggy or rainy and gloomy, and in a few hours you are in paradise. It's a nice way to kill a few weeks of crummy weather back home. And most of our winter vacations were of the sunnier, warmer type than what I mentioned previously.

My family of 4 did the POA cruise this past August. Being from San Diego we are used to the heat, but I found all the islands to be quite pleasant! Of course you are right on the coast most of the time and on or in the beautiful ocean. :p Even VNP was nice and cool when we went-as far as I'm concerned any time of the year is good to be in Hawaii-can't wait to go back! Enjoy, Pam

Summer is my favorite time of the year in Hawaii. Because of the Trade wind, temperature is pleasant, except in Kona, and water is warm. Winter tends to get more rain, and water is a little chilly for me. In all the islands good snorkeling beaches on the North Shore are safe only in summer.

You don't see much flowers in winter, but in summer trees are just covered with flowers in their colorful glory.

While you can find pineapples in winter, summer is the season for it, so as mangoes and liches.

I'll go to Hawaii anytime of the year, but my first choice would be summer.

Good decision. If you are doing pre or post cruise land stay, I'd stay in one of the outer islands. I love Kauai north shore in summer, but Maui would be good, too. I'd avoid Honolulu in August. Kona gets very hot in summer, too.

Archived