The Sky is not falling.......

NJDeb2

falling apart that is....Just got back from the 3 night cruise. After reading all the bad reviews I was quite hesitant sailing this ship. I was heading to FL to visit my dad and this cruise fit into my time frame and the price was right. I am not a "cheerleader" for any particular cruise line. Have not been on NCL for a while mainly due to the itineraries not fitting into when I can go.

Was supposed to fly in the day before but due to bad weather my flight was cancelled. Did manage to get onto the first flight nonstop the next morning. Whew!! From the time my dad picked me up in FLL to the time we were enjoying lunch was 90 min. Amazing....

What I did not like:

The ship still smells bad especially on the promenade deck. Good news is I walked a lot faster during my laps. Thanks NCL for helping me burn more calories!

The assistant CD. He was in charge of our section for the muster drill. He gave us a talk on shopping and excursions. Think he might have mentioned safety once. He should have been a used car salesman. Enough said...

The rooms are dated. Altho our romm 7002 did have comfy beds. Storage is not good. If this was a 7 day cruise my dad would have been SOL storing his stuff. For a short cruise it was ok.

The desserts. You have to understand I am a sugar/carb addict on board. Since I do not eat these things at home I was ready for some gooey, chocolate desserts. Was dissapointed with the buffet and did not think the didning room was any better. Did not eat in the specialty restaurants so I cannot comment on that.

What I did like:

Matt Baker. Normally I don't even remember the CD. He was funny, down to earth and genuinely a nice guy. I will remember him.

Service was excellent.

The fresh fruits on the buffet.

The music. At any given time there is music somewhere on board. Everyone was singing along and having a good time.

The ship never felt crowded. There are always lounge chairs available.

The food was good to very good. I did not lose weight.

The comedian. Laughed a lot.

The drinks were good but pricey.

Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze. There is plenty of parking right across the street.

The ship is spotless.

The hull art. It makes NCL ships stand out. And as far as the Hawaii theme, tropical is tropical.

Nassau: Took a taxi to Atlantis and spent the morning wandering around. Spent the afternoon lounging on a nice empty ship.

Stirrup Cay: We were able to tender there. Had heard that most of the time lately they have been unable to. Got there around 9:30 and by 10:30 all the lounge chairs and umbrellas were gone. There are plenty sand chairs tho. Somehow I pictured a tropical deserted island. Not so. It is very small and crowded. Felt like I was back in Coney Island(used to swim there before we knew about water quality). Still had a good time. Wanted to head over the bridge where it was less crowded but my dad wanted an umbrella. The music was great and the lunch was good. You can walk along the rocks and see lots of fish without any snorkel equipment.

All in all this cruise was well worth the price paid. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sorry...I do not even recall seeing that bar!!! Maybe I had too many drinks!.. I honestly do not pay attention to the names of them.. The one in the front was very nice. Great view and lots of comfy seating. That could have been it....

falling apart that is....Just got back from the 3 night cruise. After reading all the bad reviews I was quite hesitant sailing this ship. I was heading to FL to visit my dad and this cruise fit into my time frame and the price was right. I am not a "cheerleader" for any particular cruise line. Have not been on NCL for a while mainly due to the itineraries not fitting into when I can go.

Was supposed to fly in the day before but due to bad weather my flight was cancelled. Did manage to get onto the first flight nonstop the next morning. Whew!! From the time my dad picked me up in FLL to the time we were enjoying lunch was 90 min. Amazing....

What I did not like:

The ship still smells bad especially on the promenade deck. Good news is I walked a lot faster during my laps. Thanks NCL for helping me burn more calories!

The assistant CD. He was in charge of our section for the muster drill. He gave us a talk on shopping and excursions. Think he might have mentioned safety once. He should have been a used car salesman. Enough said...

The rooms are dated. Altho our romm 7002 did have comfy beds. Storage is not good. If this was a 7 day cruise my dad would have been SOL storing his stuff. For a short cruise it was ok.

The desserts. You have to understand I am a sugar/carb addict on board. Since I do not eat these things at home I was ready for some gooey, chocolate desserts. Was dissapointed with the buffet and did not think the didning room was any better. Did not eat in the specialty restaurants so I cannot comment on that.

What I did like:

Matt Baker. Normally I don't even remember the CD. He was funny, down to earth and genuinely a nice guy. I will remember him.

Service was excellent.

The fresh fruits on the buffet.

The music. At any given time there is music somewhere on board. Everyone was singing along and having a good time.

The ship never felt crowded. There are always lounge chairs available.

The food was good to very good. I did not lose weight.

The comedian. Laughed a lot.

The drinks were good but pricey.

Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze. There is plenty of parking right across the street.

The ship is spotless.

The hull art. It makes NCL ships stand out. And as far as the Hawaii theme, tropical is tropical.

Nassau: Took a taxi to Atlantis and spent the morning wandering around. Spent the afternoon lounging on a nice empty ship.

Stirrup Cay: We were able to tender there. Had heard that most of the time lately they have been unable to. Got there around 9:30 and by 10:30 all the lounge chairs and umbrellas were gone. There are plenty sand chairs tho. Somehow I pictured a tropical deserted island. Not so. It is very small and crowded. Felt like I was back in Coney Island(used to swim there before we knew about water quality). Still had a good time. Wanted to head over the bridge where it was less crowded but my dad wanted an umbrella. The music was great and the lunch was good. You can walk along the rocks and see lots of fish without any snorkel equipment.

All in all this cruise was well worth the price paid. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much for your post as this will be helpful on our next cruise.

Sorry...I do not even recall seeing that bar!!! Maybe I had too many drinks!.. I honestly do not pay attention to the names of them.. The one in the front was very nice. Great view and lots of comfy seating. That could have been it....

Ah, thank you anyways....well I wanted to know because I heard they are open through the night serving food.

Archived