Where does Constellation dock in Colon, Panama

tgrllyct

Has anyone been to Colon, Panama through Celebrity? We are sailing on the Constellation on 12/1. Will be in Colon on 12/7. Apparently there are three different places for the ships to dock at: Gatun Yacht club, Cristobal port and Colon 2000.

We need to know which of these three the Constellation will dock at. The agent I spoke to at Celebrity customer service wasn't able to find this information - so I'm hoping one of you might be able to assist!

Thanks much!

Last year we docked at Cristobal; the port shops area was OK. Otherwise the city was run-down, and filthy....a real sweaty armpit of a place! We only got off the ship to take a canal tour.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think we're docking at Cristobal, as I see in the Celebrity brochure that this is one of the ports, but so is Colon - and our itinerary specifically states Colon. We are doing a private tour to see the authentic Embera Indians, and our tour guide is asking us the following: The most important question is which port will you be at in Colon? There are actually 3 options; Gatun Yacht club, Cristobal port and Colon 2000

So we are simply trying to find this info out so she can meet us at the right place. I had another reply that was pretty convinced that we are at Colon 2000.......

Both these ports are in Colon and only a few miles from each other. I remember being docked at one, Colon 2000 I believe, and seeing another ship docked at another port in the distance and someone said it was the Cristobal port.

In prior years I've heard of the Celebrity ships on that itinerary (used to be Summit) docking at either the Colon 2000 or Cristobal.

So I don't think you'll get a definitive answer here. I'd look at the web sites for the port authorities there if you can find them to see if they had a schedule, and I'd also check with Celebrity. But most important of all I'd recommend you make sure you have your guides cell phone # and call him/her or email them once you're aboard the ship and can confirm it with the front desk staff.

I answered you on the Panama Canal board. If your itinerary says Colon, then you are Colon 2000. If you were at Cristobal, it would say Cristobal pier.

Gatun Yacht Club is in Gatun Lake and is the spot where the tenders drop off passengers when the ship is in Gatun Lake. This isn't an option for your cruise since your ship doesn't actually enter the canal.

Archived