ecstacy 11-24-08 galveston cruise

anthonymackin

this is our first cruise and we are wrried and excited at the same time.. I am taking this cruise for a getaway for my 8 year old daughter myself and my girlfriend.. I am worried that my daughter will not have fun on the cruise i am maily doing this for my daughter she has been thru a lot.... if anyone have any suggestions or comments please let me know and if you are booked on this cruise let us know it will be nice to meet some new people before we go....

Oh, ok. I'm glad she likes your girlfriend. We took my kids this summer on the Fantasy for the first time. My youngest is 9. He LOVED it. They have all kinds of activities at camp carnival and that would give you and your gf a little alone time too. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

thank you for the infomation its a long drive to the port from where i live but i think it will be worth it, 300 miles is a small price to pay for fun... have you ever been to cozumel and if you have is their anything good that you did with children our ages????

Oh, you're lucky you are only 300 miles from the port!! We drove from OK to New Orleans. (about 12 hrs) That was worth it too!! Yes, Cozumel is where we went with the kids. We (my dh and I) had been there the summer before so we knew what we wanted to show them. The two other kids ages are 17 and 13 by the way. Anyway we hired a driver and he gave us a little tour of the city and then he took us wherever we wanted to go for 4 hrs. You most definately want them to see the East (wild) side of the island. It's gorgeous!!!! Not for swimming though. You can play in the surf but dont let her go out too far. There are undercurrents etc cause it faces the carribean. The west side where the ship docks is the "protected" side of the island and is the safe side to snorkel. We didnt snorkel this trip, but my dh and I did it last time and really loved it. Kids werent really interested in that. They have a new stingray adventure that is suppose to be really cool. If you go to the Cozumel board there will be lots of advise over there what you can do with kids that age. I know Chakunab (sp) park is suppose to be really fun. We havent been there though. They have the dolphin swim there also. Hope that helped a little.

I was also going to tell you.....on the East side there is Punta Sur. It has an old lighthouse that is really cool to climb. My 9 yr old and I did that. The view is worth the climb! Be sure to bring your camera. Also at Punta Sur is a marsh area where you can find salt water crocs. You walk out onto a large peir and up into a lookout tower and you can see them all below. There is also a small Mayan ruin there. Google Punta Sur and I'm sure you'll find info about it. Our guide got us in for $5 a person. (normally $10 a person if you showed up on your own.) I advise hiring a driver and not renting a car there)

this is our first cruise and we are wrried and excited at the same time.. I am taking this cruise for a getaway for my 8 year old daughter myself and my girlfriend.. I am worried that my daughter will not have fun on the cruise i am maily doing this for my daughter she has been thru a lot.... if anyone have any suggestions or comments please let me know and if you are booked on this cruise let us know it will be nice to meet some new people before we go....

Enroll your 8 year old in Camp Carnival. The children always look like they are having fun! Don't worry. You will all have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!:)

I am booked on this cruise. Have you posted to our roll call?? Hi and welcome to CC and hope you enjoy Ecstasy.

Im going to try and do all the things I missed last time. the slide because it was raining and we never found the sushi or the chocolate buffet (which I think is gone). There is 24 hour ice cream and pizza in the back of the buffet. The deli has great sandwiches.

yea she loves my girlfriend and my daughter asked for her to go along i was just gona make it me and my daughter but she asked.... we booked the guarante IS and so far gota 4a room r83 on the riviera deck i hope it is good....

You got your assignment already from your IS?? Riveria will be a quiet deck, you will be fine. We did a 5A on Riveria last time on Ecstasy.

where do i post to the role call i have looked and can not find one for the carnival ecstatcy.... we are trying to at least meet some people before we go on the trip.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849955

We dont have children but enjoy being around them on cruises, so its all good. This is our roll call thread, which just lately is finally picking up a little. No one has made plans to meet onboard ..... yet... as there are so few of us.

Archived