Cruise Time for Pearl

scuba kbell

I am going on my first cruise next week (Pearl) and I am a bit confused about the port times. We are leaving from Miami which is in EST and going to CST (Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel). Does the cruise ship adjust to local or stay on EST? I called NCL and they told me the captain decides. I want to do an excursion not through NCL and I would like to tell the operator ahead of time when to pick us up. Thanks.

They will adjust to "local" time. Look for the time-change notices that will be left in your cabin.

Have a great cruise!

I agree. We were on the Pearl last year and they always adjust the clock to the local time of the port your visiting. They leave you reminders in your cabin to move the clock forward or back. You end up doing it a few times. Not a big deal. Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Trust me.. You will go CRAZY if you try to figure all of this out. Just get on the ship, follow the instructions that are in the Freestyle Daily and the notices that are left in your stateroom and you will be ok.

As far as booking your excursions through private companies, not through NCL, do so at your own risk, so to speak, I NEVER encourage people to do that. However, believe me when I say those people know what time every ship is due in port and they will be there to pick you up. Just pray they get you back to the ship on time.

You need to remember 1 thing. These ports are relying on these ships as a source oof income, and they know more about these ships than you could possibly imagine. They repeat the same process weekly during the entire season which the ship sails to their port. They know exactly what time it sails so I can assure you that you will make it back to the ship on time as long as you don't push it and try and overstay the day. This is just my 2 cents worth.

Archived