Maps

ItalianGuest

Does Azamara usually provide a good map of the docking ports?

I don't mean an exhaustive one, with beautiful pictures and explanations, but just with main streets and the pointer of the most important historical buildings.

Once again, thanks in advance

ItalianGuest

PS

What about Sorrento-Cofù-Kotor-Split and Ravenna maps, in particular?

I was really impressed with the port information that Azamara provided for all of our ports .... it was better than we had received on other cruises. It is a 4 page pamphlet called "Port Explorer" with a description of the area, history, highlights (also with a description), a small map, useful info re local customs, currency, shopping, Tourist Office details, and a few "useful word/phrases" translations.

The maps in these brochures varied and some were more detailed than others. I would not rely on these alone if you are doing a port on your own. However, we were often able to get more detailed maps at the Shore Excursion desk. (I had brought maps for all of our ports ... some from guide books, some downloaded from the internet [googlemaps is a good place to get maps] but I found some of the maps from the excursion desk to be more helpful than ones I had brought with me.)

On our cruise we had an enrichment lecturer (Jonathan Fleming) who did presentations throughout our cruise on the ports that we would be visiting. We were really impressed by him - he provided excellent information, a slide presentation, and he was entertaining. We didn't discover him until half way through our cruise and were sorry we had missed his earlier presentations. I'm not sure if Azamara is doing this on all cruises, but if they are, it's a nice feature.

In addition, there was a 'port talk' by an excursion staff member, for each port.

Sorry ... more info than you asked for, but once I start....:o

Sorry ... more info than you asked for, but once I start....:o

Oh, don't worry!:)

On the contrary, every good information is always well accepted!

And yours are excellent!!!;)

Thank you very much!

PS

I'm looking to pick up more information as possible now because I'm not very able to understand oral English... so, no lectures or information from the shore excursion desk for me!:(

I'm looking to pick up more information as possible now because I'm not very able to understand oral English... so, no lectures or information from the shore excursion desk for me!:(

Thank you.:)

I really like Rick Steves' guidebooks ... they are easy to follow, have some good walking tours and very good information on sites...plus maps that are quite good. We used both his 'Rome' and 'Italy' books on this trip. He also provides good information on using local transportation ... something that we like to do as often as possible.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Italy on on our trip last month ... but it was too short, with only 3 days in Rome and 1 in Sorrento. It is a beautiful country!!

Thank you.:)

I really like Rick Steves' guidebooks ... they are easy to follow, have some good walking tours and very good information on sites...plus maps that are quite good. We used both his 'Rome' and 'Italy' books on this trip. He also provides good information on using local transportation ... something that we like to do as often as possible.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Italy on on our trip last month ... but it was too short, with only 3 days in Rome and 1 in Sorrento. It is a beautiful country!!

One more time thank you very much!!! :)

Buona giornata, ItalianGuest

Archived