"Buenos Aires on our own" questions

Toots

We've taken a guided tour of B.A. before, but when we're there on Friday, Dec. 19, we would like to take a taxi to one of the major plazas and just walk around on our own. Are there taxis right outside the port and about how much is a taxi to Plaza de Mayo? Will they take dollars? My recollection of the port area from 3 years ago may not be correct now. At that time we walked right outside the customs building and taxis were there.

Brigitte

We've taken a guided tour of B.A. before, but when we're there on Friday, Dec. 19, we would like to take a taxi to one of the major plazas and just walk around on our own. Are there taxis right outside the port and about how much is a taxi to Plaza de Mayo? Will they take dollars? My recollection of the port area from 3 years ago may not be correct now. At that time we walked right outside the customs building and taxis were there.

Brigitte

Have you ever disembarked in a major city port and found that a taxi was diffcult to obtain? I haven´t and I have cruised quite a bit. Taxis will be easily available as they are all over BA. A ride from the pier to Plaza de Mayo should cost about A$ 15.

we would like to take a taxi to one of the major plazas and just walk around on our own. Are there taxis right outside the port and about how much is a taxi to Plaza de Mayo?

Taxis are everywhere at all times of the day and night, and they are very reasonable.

If you'd like a walking tour route, there is a good one (free info and map) at:

http://www.buenostours.com/buenos-aires-tour-1-city-center-suggested-walking-route

The subway is really retro and very inexpensive. You might try that for some of the way.

Archived