yourluckytour.com

robinlbe

Has anyone ever used this independent tour company in Limon?

I've corresponded with the guy, but I can't seem to find anyone that has used this outfit. Their site is nice, and their prices are good...

but sure would love to know if anyone on here has used him or not...

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, OK...if no one has used this tour group, has anyone heard of it????

If you've not heard of/used Yourluckytour.com, would you recommend the other people noted on the boards?? I really want to prebook our excursion, and I've read too many negative things about booking through the cruiseline.....but this trip is just me and my mom, and I want to be careful about what we do and with whom.

So, I see there's Charlie, J.J. OkeyDokey (sp??)?

We're wanting to do the nature preserve canal, banana plantation, and pineapple plantation....

Please? Advice?? Pls advise. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another link for www.yourluckytour.com

It looks as if Mr. Humphreys just started his business within the last year or two. The communication with him has been impressive, but after having been on numerous cruise boards, I have yet to get a reply regarding him and/or his services.

I would really like to give him a try, but I am a bit worried about reserving spots with him without someone else on here (or other boards) not having used him and/or not commenting about him.

Anyone??

Hadn't heard of yourluckytour.com before your post, but a quick check of the website domain history shows it's been registered since April 2007. The site is registered to Luis West... not a "Mr. Humphreys" as you mentioned (whose site is registered to a Randall Cervantes).

A person with the name Luis West has an cruisecritic.com account with 1 post further back in 2005, and according to his profile was born in 1970. He hasn't accessed that account since the day he created it. He posted about Cahuita once on cruisecritic.com's boards -- see http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Luis+West%22+site:cruisecritic.com&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&filter=0 -- visit the cached sites as some of the link URLs are not active as cataloged by Google.

For Eduardo Humphreys, the news is better. Using Google to search "Eduardo Humphreys" site:cruisecritic.com, you'll find past postings on these message boards about his activities/tours. One post from 2006 states "He was right where he told us he would meet us as soon as we got off the ship. He provided excellent service, and the tour was designed according to our specifications". There are plenty of other posts to review via that link as well.

Lastly, I can confirm that the contact information on the yourluckytour.com website in 2007 is the same as it shows on the site now... but oddly enough those are the same phone numbers as found on Eduardo Humphreys' site.

wow. Thanks for going to so much trouble for me to check this out.

I had gone through the Costa Rica board, using the "search" feature, looking for more information on this guy/tour company and kept coming up empty handed. I didn't realize there was a separate archive section...

Thank you so very much.

His communication has been awesome, but since it's just me and my mom on this cruise, I want to feel extra secure in my choices of shore excursions.

Thanks again...:)

My wife and I just returned from our cruise a board the Carnival Miracle. We stopped in Limon, Costa Rica on Wednesday December 3rd, 2008 and we used Eduardo Humphreys for a private tour on this day. We found him on the internet under www.costaricaindigenoustours.com. Let me start off by saying we were a little apprehensive using a private tour, but we soon found out that we should not have been. Eduardo provided a very friendly, very efficient yet all inclusive tour. We started the morning off going ziplining at Jungle Breezes, a very nice tour. There are multiple areas to go ziplining in Costa Rica but Jungle Breezes has the most platforms, therefore more bang for your buck. Also, the ziplining was very safe. All the safety equipment was redundant, meaning there were two methods to securly fasten yourself at any time. The guides were also very good, no language barrier here.

Then we went to a jungle boat tour. It was nice not being crammed on a boat with 50 other people, we had our own little boat. The guide was very good at spotting Howler Monkeys, Sloths, Crocodiles and even an Iguana.

Then we were taken to Playa Bonita, a very beautiful beach. Eduardo was very good at making us feel at home here, we could have felt out of place but being with a local helped to make us feel at home. There was a restaurant where we had some lunch, Eduardo gave us some advice about what to order from the menu too.

Last Eduardo. took us back to the peir where he led us to some shopping areas. He did a good job shooing away the kids and the locals that were trying to hit us up.

Eduardo provided transportation for the day for $35/person, we paid $50/person for the ziplining tour. The total for the day was $85/person, this is about half of waht the cruise ship would charge for ziplining only!!

One last thing, before we left home my kid asked me to get him money from all the places we were going. While we were in Costa Rica I mentioned this to Eduardo. He made sure I got Costa Rican money before we left, he went as far as to stop at his house to find some.

Eduardo made this a special day, one we will never forget.:)

Thanks, Pavlovscat....

I, too, found Eduardo by scouting the internet...but I found him under Yourluckytour.com. But he is both sites.....My mom and I have decided to book him. He always replies to my emails in such a timely manner, which impresses me a great deal. We have decided to do the canal boat, the banana plantation, and shopping.

I appreciate your taking time to post your experiences...it makes me feel a little better since I'm not able to find too much about Eduardo...

• 5 weeks later...

I have to agree that Eduardo was fantastic. We went on a tour with him last year on the Liberty and he made sure that our day with him was the best day on the cruise. He totally accomodated everything we wanted to do and his prices were by far the best.

He is such a friendly guy, we really felt bad leaving him and heading back to the ship.

You wont have any problems with Eduardo. He is the best around.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, Pavlovscat....

I, too, found Eduardo by scouting the internet...but I found him under Yourluckytour.com. But he is both sites.....My mom and I have decided to book him. He always replies to my emails in such a timely manner, which impresses me a great deal. We have decided to do the canal boat, the banana plantation, and shopping.

I appreciate your taking time to post your experiences...it makes me feel a little better since I'm not able to find too much about Eduardo...

Hi Robinlbe and fellow hoosier -

I've been trying to figure out what to do in Limon - single mom (me, 48), with son, 16 and daughter, 13. Can you tell me how much Eduardo is charging for this tour? Any other info that might be helpful?

You're not far from us - and we're flying SW from Louisville for the cruise!

Hi, me again. I asked Eduardo about joining your expedition (hope you don't mind).

It would be fun to go with someone else from the same ship.

Jane

This board is not the place to discuss tour shares. In fact, it's specifically disallowed per the stickies on the first page and per the Community Guidelines. Please feel free to continue this discussion on your roll call. That's what is there for.

Enjoy your cruise and your excursions.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

This board is not the place to discuss tour shares. In fact, it's specifically disallowed per the stickies on the first page and per the Community Guidelines. Please feel free to continue this discussion on your roll call. That's what is there for.

Enjoy your cruise and your excursions.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Hi Karen -

Apologies that I missed that!

I didn't know your cruise was the same as ours...

I was just helping out with information.

My mom was looking forward to being with just me...

We've never traveled together before.

This maybe our only time.

I have three kids at home...a 17, 16, and an 11 y.o.

As much as I will really miss my kids at home, I am looking forward to some "kid free" time...

I also teach 7th graders at home.

This is a truly sticky situation....hmmmm.

But I DO look forward to meeting you and your kiddos on board :)

• 2 years later...

I saw two other recent threads for Yourluckytour that were Closed so I'll post my questions here. We are considering the following Tortugero Canal Tour with other Cruise Critic people. For those of you who have taken this tour, any comments on this tour? How long was the tour? Are we likely to see sloths, howler monkeys, and other wildlife on the canal boat tour - or does it depend on getting a good guide to point out the wildlife?

Thanks,

Kathy

Description of the Tortuguero tour by Yourluckytour:

Fruit Stand

Banana plantation & Packing house

Canal tour (1 hour in a flat boat)

Playa Bonita (Just 15 minutes from the pier)

A view point of the city

Shopping For coffee

See exotic birds and animals of the Costa Rican jungle, tour of Banana Plantation and processing plant, Bonita Beach, viewpoint of Limon and countryside and Supermarket visit for Costa Rican Coffee, Vanilla etc. Admission fees included in the tour price.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw two other recent threads for Yourluckytour that were Closed so I'll post my questions here. We are considering the following Tortugero Canal Tour with other Cruise Critic people. For those of you who have taken this tour, any comments on this tour? How long was the tour? Are we likely to see sloths, howler monkeys, and other wildlife on the canal boat tour - or does it depend on getting a good guide to point out the wildlife?

Thanks,

Kathy

Description of the Tortuguero tour by Yourluckytour:

Fruit Stand

Banana plantation & Packing house

Canal tour (1 hour in a flat boat)

Playa Bonita (Just 15 minutes from the pier)

A view point of the city

Shopping For coffee

See exotic birds and animals of the Costa Rican jungle, tour of Banana Plantation and processing plant, Bonita Beach, viewpoint of Limon and countryside and Supermarket visit for Costa Rican Coffee, Vanilla etc. Admission fees included in the tour price.

We just used them for a tour last Wednesday on our Cruise that visited Costa Rica. They were very professional and we had no problems. Our guide was friendly and very accommodating. We didn't do this tour. Instead we visited the Jaguar Rescue Center which was an incredible experience. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

I second what alwaysundecided said. We used YLT in Costa Rica to do a private tour to the JRC on 11/23, and it was perfect. Our guide, Pablo, was very friendly and provided a ton of information along the way. I can't say enough good things about this tour!

We had a private tour for 12 with Eduardo and his wife from Your Lucky Tours a few weeks ago. They took us on a nice, smaller, air conditioned bus to the Veragua Rain Forest. Eduardo was very knowlegeble and told us a lot about Costa Rica while driving to the rain forest. The tour at the center was very detailed and enjoyable and many of us hiked a short way to a waterfall. Lunch was also nice at the tour center and then some of us did the zip line. I highly recommend contacting Eduardo. He is very responsive and will do whatever he can to make your visit a memorable one!

• 3 weeks later...

I too want to add my two cents about our recent excursion with YLT. We were in Costa Rica last week and were very pleased with the service and attention to our needs by our driver. Eduardo really took care of us. I felt totally safe and informed during our day. I beleive we got our monies worth, which was much cheaper than the ships tour. We did the canal tour and thouroughly enjoyed it. It was a great way to spend the day in Costa Rica. I too would reccommend them "in a heartbeat." Thanks, again Eduardo!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3 of us (middle aged dad and two college aged sons) did this white water rafting tour http://www.yourluckytour.com/en/white-water-rafting.htm on january 13, along with a family of 4 we met on our roll call (to meet the minimum of 6 people for the tour). eduardo was prompt and responsive in our emails, answering all my questions. he was waiting with a sign with my name right outside the port, just as he said he would be. our driver was eugene, who took us to the rafting area in a air-conditioned van. he was mostly quiet but answered all our questions. the drive was about 1 hour; the rafting perhaps 90 minutes, but they went by quickly. we stopped at a local restaurant to use the facilities and purchase bottled water before the rafting itself. our guide was moses who knew the river well and kept us active, excited and safe. he explained some brief commands to us before we left (paddle, forward-right-back-left, etc., and "get down" when we sit inside the raft instead of on the edges). on occasion he had us spin during a rapids or go through a set backwards. great fun! during the slow (no rapids) sections he pointed out birds and other wildlife along the shore and took pictures with our cameras of each family. the rafting was on the florida section of the reventazon river, which has mostly class 3 rapids and perhaps a few more difficult. we had asked eduardo about possibly doing ziplining or other activities after the rafting, and he agreed to be flexible, depending on available time, but it turned out that we were all tired from the rafting and just wanted to go back to the ship. where we finished rafting was where the ship-sponsored excursion begain; their's was more of a "float" in class 1 & 2 rapids, that would be appropriate for children and seniors but not exciting enough for teenagers (or me ;)). eugene was waiting for us when we finished rafting and took us back to the port, taking a slightly different route past the port of moin and playa bonita. he offered to stop at the supermarket so we could buy coffee or to go back directly, our choice. i'd definitely recommend yourluckytour, and would recommend the white water rafting for teens to middle-agers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had to add to the list of folks who are giving Eduardo a thumbs up. He took my mom and I on a private tour to the JRC last year and he was absolutely fabulous! As mentioned, he stays in close touch prior to your arrival and even checked in with us once we got home to make sure we had a safe trip back. He is honest and reliable and I plan on using him again when my husband and I do the Panama Canal this November. You will be in excellent hands!

Archived