Water temperatures Nassau/Freeport

oooohDonna

Hello all....who knows what the water temperatures might be 1st week of December in Nassau and Freeport?

Wonder if Freeport warmer than Nassau or vice versa?

Any one have a clue?

I want to snorkel at both places so hoping for AT LEAST 75 and that's cold! But I do have a light weight wet suit to wear at least.

Thanks!

there's always google if you need to know the exact number...

we were in nassau for our honeymoon in december 2004 and tried to snorkel but it was really too cold to be tolerable. i don't know if we were just unlucky or if it's always cool at that time of year. we are going back to nassau and freeport this december and have booked biking and kayaking instead of anything that requires us to get wet.

there's always google if you need to know the exact number...

we were in nassau for our honeymoon in december 2004 and tried to snorkel but it was really too cold to be tolerable. i don't know if we were just unlucky or if it's always cool at that time of year. we are going back to nassau and freeport this december and have booked biking and kayaking instead of anything that requires us to get wet.

OH NO, say it ain't so :eek: Maybe since it will be the FIRST week of Dec. it won't be so bad, guess we'll take our chances and just sit on the tour boat if too cold. thanks for the reply.

Hello all....who knows what the water temperatures might be 1st week of December in Nassau and Freeport?

Wonder if Freeport warmer than Nassau or vice versa?

Any one have a clue?

I want to snorkel at both places so hoping for AT LEAST 75 and that's cold! But I do have a light weight wet suit to wear at least.

Thanks!

I did a little research on water temps since I will be diving in the Bahamas in January. Average water temperature in December is 75 degrees. I think you should bring your wetsuit. I did some snorkeling at Half Moon Cay in late November 2006 and I was ok without my wetsuit, but I would have been more comfortable with my shortie.

Just got off the Emerald Princess and the last stop was Princess Cays on 11/19. Weather was partly cloudy and air temp about 74 degrees. The water felt temperature-wise to be about the same temp as NYC beach late August temp, about 75 degrees or maybe a degree or two higher. Definitely chilly, especially compared to where I'd been!

Don't those rental places (for snorkels and floats, etc.) also rent wet suits? I didn't realize it might be too cool there next week to snorkel without a wet suit. I think it's too late for me to order any for my family (without paying a premium for shipping).

Archived