Barbie Cruiseship and Other Kid Gifts for the holiday

crusinmama06

Yep, and of course I got it for my daughter, yeah that's right, it's for her...not me...I don't want to play with it at all. ;):p (ok maybe a little bit)

Sure Michelle. (At least you have a little one you can use as an excuse to buy it).

My 11-year-old has been writing up a wish list and has been telling me to check it out.

This is it:

MY WISHLIST for the Holidays

(I would like to at least get one or two of these items, but most of it isn't necessary)

1. Some kind of Skelanimal doll, keychain, or accessory (available at Sugoi Life, Hot Topic, and Tillys)

(If you have no idea what Skelanimals are, search google or go to their website)

2. Nightmare Before Christmas Revisted CD (available at Hot Topic)

3. Fosters' Buttons or Nightmare Before Christmas Buttons (available at Claire's accessories)

4. Colorful(Blue, Purple, Green, Red or Yellow) Skinny jeans (available at Pac Sun, Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters)

5. Arm warmers (for the cold)

6. Some sort of magnet (to decorate my locker)

7. Sleepwear (Please not Disney or anything super girly)

My DD got the Polly Pocket cruise ship last year. Lots of fun!

No firm info on what the kids want for Christmas this year. Hmmm...I'm thinking I need them to make their list this weekend so Santa can get a head-start finding their gifts.

CeleBrat

So my 4 year old wants the Barbie Party CruiseShip for Christmas. What a surprise. ;)

So I already got one hidden away.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3064147

What is on your kid/kids lists this year?

LOL, nothing! He's only two! We're trying to avoid holiday debt for as long as possible! I'm thinking we can hold out for at least another year but, by the time he's 4, he'll start asking questions and telling us all about Santa....then we'll be stuck :cool:

Patty - I love her list! hahahahaha she is so organized!

Sandy - I didn't have any of those things when I was a kid, but my neighbor friend did...lol. So I spent alot of time at her house. :D

Celebrat - I saw the polly pocket one last year. I am trying to avoid any more Polly stuff....stepping on that stuff with bare feet in the middle of the night - OUCH. I hate that stuff...lol. ;):D

Sas - I don't know HOW you do it. When my kids were 2, it looked like Toys R Us exploded in the house. Between us, the gparents, the aunts and uncles. I remember they were really into Little People back then. So we have a whole Little People city going on here. :p

Sandy - I didn't have any of those things when I was a kid, but my neighbor friend did...lol. So I spent alot of time at her house. :D

Celebrat - I saw the polly pocket one last year. I am trying to avoid any more Polly stuff....stepping on that stuff with bare feet in the middle of the night - OUCH. I hate that stuff...lol. ;):D

Sas - I don't know HOW you do it. When my kids were 2, it looked like Toys R Us exploded in the house. Between us, the gparents, the aunts and uncles. I remember they were really into Little People back then. So we have a whole Little People city going on here. :p

The reality about our situation is that we have one young child right now. Whatever we choose to expose him to (talk to him about, make an impression on him with, etc) is really all he knows about. Right now DS does not watch commercial TV so he doesn't get exposed to the advertising. He does get typical kid video's at daycare and he does absolutely flip out in the toy aisle wherever we are.

Admittedly, it's really hard not to do xmas for him.... He's our baby and we just want to give, give, give to him!

I'm extremely realistic about all of this tho.... I know for a fact that the new one will be "all about" xmas when he/she is 2 because the older one will be 4 and wise and adept enough to pick up on it from daycare and the commercial world. I've also accepted the fact that the youger one will be exposed to more TV at a younger age because of the older one.

I guess we are trying to shelter as much as possible... things are so different now then they were at my age... Cell phones at 8/10 years old....kids "sexting" each other (texting nude/nearly nekked pics) at 12/13... It's just so absolutely CRAZY!

Yeah, my friend had a Nintendo so I would go to her house for that--and mine for Barbies. I never got that American Girl dolls though. Do your girls have them?

OMG, that is ADORABLE! I didn't even know they had a Barbie cruiseship, but I guess it shouldn't surprise me (Barbie has everything!)! We are taking my 5yr old daughter on her first cruise in 2 weeks. She is beyond excited, to say the least! Your daughter is going to love that gift! What a great idea!

9yo DD: Wii games (lol, so past Barbie...) and maybe an expensive excursion for our Feb cruise

4yo DS: Wii games (some shared with DD -- sometimes this is actually something they'll do together well, only problem is that they're both sore losers :rolleyes:) and Little Einsteins toys, not sure what else yet

Sas - that does make alot of sense. My older one does influence the younger.

I never got that American Girl dolls though. Do your girls have them?

Nope. I am almost grateful that they aren't into those...lol.

We are taking my 5yr old daughter on her first cruise in 2 weeks. She is beyond excited, to say the least!

Have a great first cruise!!!!! :D

9yo DD: Wii games (lol, so past Barbie...) and maybe an expensive excursion for our Feb cruise

4yo DS: Wii games (some shared with DD -- sometimes this is actually something they'll do together well, only problem is that they're both sore losers :rolleyes:) and Little Einsteins toys, not sure what else yet

In this house, my hubby is the one who wants the Wii ;) He's like a 9 year old anyway. :p

In this house, my hubby is the one who wants the Wii ;) He's like a 9 year old anyway. :p

DS's favorite games are the ones Dad will play with him! ;) And I have to admit, I have a couple favs too...:o But it's great that it actually is something our whole family enjoys! I was skeptical when DD first started asking for it, but it's worked out really well.

My 4 year year old wants his own laptop! When I asked him why he wanted his own computer, he said so he could surf the web for toys and stuff. That cracked me up.

Earlier this year, I bought "him" a Wii but will admit that I use it quite a bit myself. :D However, we do have great fun playing Mario Cart together. Oh yea, and he likes the boxing because he can almost always KO me.

Archived