Is Hurricane Damage a Problem?

JohnSC

Our daughter and her friend are planning a December cruise with stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Caymen. A well meaning friend has told them horror stories about the lingering after effects of the hurricane and now they are thinking of changing their plans. Can someone who has visited recently reassure them about conditions there? I would appreciate it ans so would they.

We were in Ocho Rios last week and have been there before. Had I not known there was a hurricane recently I would not have guessed. In fact, I called a friend/tour guide/taxi driver there to let him know we were coming and he told us that the hurricane had not hardly touched that side of the island. Jamaica is a really big island in comparison to Grand Cayman

Grand Cayman, however, we did not call at last week, getting a day at sea instead. Bad news there as they slowly recover.

Just back from Ochos Rios, Jamaica and no damage visible at all. On our tour with Phil Lafayette he said they only had some tree damage but the other side of the island experienced slightly more. Beautiful island stop...don't miss it! Cayman was cancelled for us however due to hurricane damage and slow recovery.

Archived