Just back from the Ruby Inaugural Cruise

MLinFL

Also just returned from the Ruby Princess.

The coffee card from the International Cafe is a great buy if you like flavored coffee and latte's. I think it was $28 for 15 beverages. During the day you can get small sandwiches, salads and desserts for no additional charge. The Gelato does have a charge but I'm not sure how much. I know it is a minimal charge.

Embarking and Disembarking were very organized.

Room Service was very slow.

The new Patter is not well organized.

Reservations for the Ultimate Ship tour and Chef's Table must be made as soon as you get on the ship and if you're not on there by 11:30am you probably won't get in on either one. They both fill extremely fast. No special treatment for Elite to get you in on either one. Tried to book by 12:30 and both were already full.

Crown Grill is overpriced. The food was good but $25 upcharge is a bit much. Don't spend the extra $9.00 for Lobster. You can get about 4oz tail as part of the $25 charge.

The buffet menu seems to have changed a bit. Not crazy about it.

Wheelhouse is very nice on this ship. Pub lunch was very enjoyable. Had the fish and chips and thought the fish was very good.

Expected more in the way of entertainment in the Piazza (Atrium).

Missed "Bert".

All and All, she's a beaut and anyone sailing will have an enjoyable time.:)

Anyone who sails Ruby will definitely enjoy her! She's beautiful!

We were on the Nov 8 sailing as well. We never had a problem with the elevators - sorry to those who did! Just be glad my claustrophobic self wasn't in there with you!!!

As for the Ultimate Ship's tour - I found out from passenger services that the Ship's tour is only for 12 people! Yes, 12. We were onboard before 12 noon and did not get on the tour! Literally if the first 12 people on board sign up - you're out of luck.

Funny about some people getting to blow the whistle on the life boat drill! Our crew person told us specifically NOT to do it as those jackets were used previously both for crew drills and the VIP / Inaugural 2 day sailing.

We experienced only a few minor problems - nothing major. Most of the problems were communication related - it was a challenge to get the right answers sometimes; not completely unexpected on the first itinerary sailing.

Can you say please, at each port do you have to get a tender?

Can you go ashore and look around yourself without having to pay for the tours?

Do they have free 'shuttle' service on all the islands to get to the towns?

Thanks

Tender ports Grand Cayman & Princess Cay

Sea conditions while at Grand Cayman were a bit rough but the crew did a fine job handling the situation to keep it safe

There were delays but the captain explained later we were at the mercy of other ships also in port whom had berth priviledges ahead of us.

There is no such thing as free" for excursion transportation on the islands

The taxi ran about $ 5 - $6 per person in most cases

we did NOT pre book excursions and were not disappointed that we didn't

Our group did there own thing as couples

my husband and I enjoy Margaritaville Jimmy Buffet so in Cozumel we were right on the water and we had a drink in Carlos & Charlies also

Pema

Tender ports Grand Cayman & Princess Cay

Sea conditions while at Grand Cayman were a bit rough but the crew did a fine job handling the situation to keep it safe

There were delays but the captain explained later we were at the mercy of other ships also in port whom had berth priviledges ahead of us.

There is no such thing as free" for excursion transportation on the islands

The taxi ran about $ 5 - $6 per person in most cases

we did NOT pre book excursions and were not disappointed that we didn't

Our group did there own thing as couples

my husband and I enjoy Margaritaville Jimmy Buffet so in Cozumel we were right on the water and we had a drink in Carlos & Charlies also

Pema

Thanks so much, so it's ok to take the tender then do your own thing?

Archived