Important Fuel Supplement Information

Happy2bCrews

Found this on the NCL website.......So am I reading this right....if we book though a TA and NOT NCL we very possibly don't get an OBC?

What is NCL's Fuel Supplement?

You probably know how much fuel prices have fluctuated in recent years. Because of this price volatility, NCL charges a Fuel Supplement of $11.00 for the first two guests per stateroom and $5.00 for each additional guest per cruise day in same stateroom.

NCL's current fuel supplement will no longer apply to bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2010.

For guests booked on sailings that depart in 2009 (on or after January 1, 2009 and that depart on or before December 31, 2009), regardless of booking date, the company has established the following guidelines for the refund of fuel supplements paid:

The criteria for refund will be determined on a quarterly basis. Should the closing price on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange) of West Texas Intermediate fuel be below $65 per barrel two weeks prior to the beginning of the calendar quarter (dates specified below), the company will refund fuel supplements paid in the form of an on-board credit.

The dates on which the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel will be measured and the quarters during which refunds could apply are:

Fuel Price

Determination DateQuarter of

Possible Fuel Supplement Refunds18-Dec-08First Quarter 200918-Mar-09Second Quarter 200917-Jun-09Third Quarter 200917-Sep-09Fourth Quarter 200918-Dec-09First Quarter 201018-Mar-10Second Quarter 201017-Jun-10Third Quarter 201017-Sep-10Fourth Quarter 201017-Dec-10First Quarter 2011

Determination of what quarter a sailing is in will be based solely on the sailing date. The entire cruise will be considered to be part of the quarter that the sailing date originates in.

These new fuel supplement policies apply to guests booked through all NCL offices around the world.

The company is implementing these changes in response to the recent decrease in global fuel prices. NCL will continue to closely monitor global fuel prices to assess whether a reinstatement of the fuel supplement will be necessary.

We will have to overpower The Ghurka's and take the Khukri Knives from them...

We will then storm the Bridge...

We will need torches and pitch forks..(smuggled on board disguised as Wine & pay the $15 per torch - I mean wine) and make the ship our own!

How Dare They! Lawyers...Lawyers...Lawyers....

The price has to be below $65 a barrel. Yesterday it was $65 Seems like NCL is guessing the price won't drop below that number. Can you imagine losing out on an OBC because of one dollar.

We'll be watching on Dec 18 because we are sailing Jan 14.

I think they pre-buy their fuel on the date given (next one Dec 18?) which locks in their price for 3 months. It's as simple as that. NCL isn't betting. They are going to do the right thing. They are not necessarily hoping the price is above $65. They just want to break even or make money, and you can be sure that w/the price at under $65 they will be. Let's hope we all get our OBC.

we will have to overpower the ghurka's and take the khukri knives from them...

We will then storm the bridge...

We will need torches and pitch forks..(smuggled on board disguised as wine & pay the $15 per torch - i mean wine) and make the ship our own!

How dare they! Lawyers...lawyers...lawyers....

lmao

The price has to be below $65 a barrel. Yesterday it was $65 Seems like NCL is guessing the price won't drop below that number. Can you imagine losing out on an OBC because of one dollar.

We'll be watching on Dec 18 because we are sailing Jan 14.

WTI closed at $57 yesterday

I think they pre-buy their fuel on the date given (next one Dec 18?) which locks in their price for 3 months. It's as simple as that. NCL isn't betting. They are going to do the right thing. They are not necessarily hoping the price is above $65. They just want to break even or make money, and you can be sure that w/the price at under $65 they will be. Let's hope we all get our OBC.

I'm not convinced that the right thing is to go from an $11 per day fuel charge when oil is north of $150 per barrel to $0 only when it's under $65. Seems it would be fairer to apply a sliding scale. When the price of oil was rising, didn't they raise their fuel supplements in increments? So why not lower them incrementally?

I'm not convinced that the right thing is to go from an $11 per day fuel charge when oil is north of $150 per barrel to $0 only when it's under $65. Seems it would be fairer to apply a sliding scale. When the price of oil was rising, didn't they raise their fuel supplements in increments? So why not lower them incrementally?

I think you hit the nail on the head. I concur.

Found this on the NCL website.......So am I reading this right....if we book though a TA and NOT NCL we very possibly don't get an OBC?

These new fuel supplement policies apply to guests booked through all NCL offices around the world. ...

Your cruise was booked through an NCL office somewhere along the line. Your really don't think they would try something as stupid as that, do you? Really?

Archived