Aurora 27 Nov 08

Kenny Burnet

You are in for a fantastic cruise :-))

Some advice if I may.

Madeira. Don't know if you are into 'gardens', but beware. There are two 'gardens' there. Tropical and Botanical. Tropical at the top of the chair lift. Not to be confused with the Botanical which to get to, ........ from the top of the chair lift :-( means you have to walk down a little hill and get another chair lift to half way down what you have just been up!!!!!

So. If you want the Tropical, use the Chair lift. If you want the Botanical, get a Taxi :-)

If you just want the town, use the free shuttle bus. (You can use the shuttle bus for the chair lift as well)

Cadiz. If you are into marvels of small engineering, climb the 140 odd steps and view the 'camera obscura'. A periscope which throws a projection of the roof tops and views onto a huge screen laid out before you.

A hard to find building. Before leaving the ship, you are looking for a building, buff coloured, which is a square tower with a coupe of coloured bands round it near the top and a black flagpole on top. This is the periscope :-)

You will have NO problems with Aurora in any rough weather. we came off the same cruise you are doing and hit a force 12 decreasing to 11. I have a video of a cup of tea on my balcony handrail with the tea not moving :-)

You have reason to be excited :-)

Have a super cruise

Mike

Archived