Long Beach Air Quality ...

BSQ

For those who will be visiting Long Beach soon (and I imagine conditions are the same over the bridge in San Pedro) ...

Due to the So Cal fires our Air quality is nothing short of horrible. Lots of smoke in the air and a good deal of ash, both fine and actually kinda big. We are being impacted by the Triangle Complex fire (originally called the Freeway fire), which is currently 0% contained. :(

To our fellow CCers who live or have family in any of these areas, keeping y'all in my prayers. This weekend has brought back too many memories of the devastating fires in years past.

on a more normal day ...

2717753920102635822S425x425Q85.jpg

today ...

2110377560102635822S425x425Q85.jpg

unfortunately right now, this is actually a pretty clear shot.

We woke up to a smoke full sky yesterday and today from the Sylmar-Granada Hills-Sayre fire. I'm glad I have a medical appointment on Wednesday as I'm sure I got some of those particulets (however they're spelled). Fortunately the two birthday parties my daughter went to yesterday were both moved indoors.

Our area (South OC) is clear, but I saw the smoke plume headed southwest towards LGB and SP. A friend sent some pretty dramatic photos taken from the Huntington Pier, blue ocean and part of the sky with the other half dark brown.

Archived