Costa Mediterranean Excursion Reviews

payn0045

I'm cruising on Costa in the Eastern Mediterranean in 2009, and am trying to get more information on excursions. So far, I haven't found a place on the board where this type of information is consolidated.

It would be very useful if past cruisers out there could provide details on excursions they've taken, and anything they liked or didn't like!

Also sailing date of your cruise.

Have you checked out / searched this Costa forum, Ports of Call - Africa and Middle East, Ports of Call - Europe / Mediterranean - Eastern & Western.

You are sailing on my favourite ship, I loved every minute on board, how I envy you.:rolleyes:

Ron

Thanks for the tips!

I was more thinking a general thread on Costa excursions in the region might be useful, not just for me, but for lots of first-timers on the board who have a hard time tracking down info. I haven't had a lot of luck finding general excursion reviews in the Ports of Call section. There is some great stuff in people's detailed cruise reviews, but that still only gives one person's perspective!

My cruise stops in Bari, Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini, Olympia, and Dubrovnik, so those are the stops I'm most interested in!

I have been to Bari, Olympia and Dubrovnik. I did not take the excursions in any of the stops but if I were to do so it would be in Olympia.

We hired a car right at the dock and he drove us to Olympia, I think the excursion would have been better. The car cost 100 Euros so we saved a bit of money but I think a guided tour may have been more interesting.

Bari is OK but nothing special, the old town is fun to walk around.

Dubrovnik is really nice, we explored the town and walls on our own. I am not sure if the excursions would provide any better experiance.

I'm cruising on Costa in the Eastern Mediterranean in 2009, and am trying to get more information on excursions. So far, I haven't found a place on the board where this type of information is consolidated.

It would be very useful if past cruisers out there could provide details on excursions they've taken, and anything they liked or didn't like!

I just got off the Costa Atlantica from a November trip to Naples, Messina, Alexandria, Cyprus, Turkey and Greece. I bought all my shore excursions from Costa versus doing my own. I found the guides to be excellent and they move you along quickly due to time the ship is in port. If this is your first time there, know that you are just getting a quick snapshot of time. I particularly enjoyed the excursion to Giza with camel and jeep ride. Just know the camel puts his hindend up first, so hold on to the back pommel and lean back so as not to pitch forward.

Archived