ROLL CALL: SUMMIT (10day Caribbean) Nov 26 2004

BraznCdn2

I am jealous; Tried to book on your sailing, but couldn't get any decent solo fares so I won't be on your cruise! Have a great time.....and get to know Michael on the Cruise Director's staff. He is family and a GREAT guy! Lots of fun and he goes out of his way to be sure you are having a fantastic cruise!

Thanks Frank... I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, I noticed the countless cruises in your signature... congrats! But, what is this "Repositioning" about?

Hey, you might know this... is there any way for us to use our laptop in our cabin rather than the onboard "internet cafe?"

Can't speak to Celebrity, but on NCL, you can either use the Internet Cafe or, if you have brought your own laptop, you can use a wireless modem and (if I remember right) the per-minute price of forty cents was about the same as at Internet Cafe if you bought 250-min package. And you have to use it around the ship's hotspots (I don't know if cabin was one of them......seemed to be more in public areas).

As for repositioning, they are usually longer cruises than the week or so. Most run between 12-16 days and are when the ship is done in one area and moving to another. Example: After NCL Sun cruised Alaska all summer, it was going to cruise Caribbean for Winter/Spring, so it came down the Coast, loaded up passengers in LA, cruised down Mexico, Costa Rica, thru Panama Canal, stop in Aruba, then finished-up in Miami...took 16 WONDERFUL days. Most of the time, the cruise lines also significantly discount these cruises since they want to fill the ship as much as possible. Also did a repo last year on NCL Sea...repositioning from Philly to Texas....12 days thru the Caribbean. If I remember the pricing correctly, I had an outside cabin all to myself for $650 total! Also, just so you know, they tend to be "older" passengers; never a problem for me....I always seem to have a great time!

Denniscruiser...Hey! Just wondering if you have ever cruised the Summit before and/or any other Celebrity ships. I've been contemplating going on the 11/26/04 sailing of the Summit. The ports sound really nice! I am upper-mid 30's range and want to make sure it's a cruise I would enjoy and be able to have fun on with others. I appreciate any info you may have. Thanks and have a great one!

Denniscruiser...Hey! Just wondering if you have ever cruised the Summit before and/or any other Celebrity ships. I've been contemplating going on the 11/26/04 sailing of the Summit. The ports sound really nice! I am upper-mid 30's range and want to make sure it's a cruise I would enjoy and be able to have fun on with others. I appreciate any info you may have. Thanks and have a great one!

Hello Island04!!!

Welcome! My partner and I from Toronto, Canada are on this cruise also. Dennis and his partner, who are both from the US, will be on board too.

This is OUR first cruise, and it is their second cruise.

Everyone has told us that Celebrity is one of the best cruise lines, and the Summit is one of the best ships. The ports look great, with LOTS to do and see.

It's gonna be a great trip. Let us know if you are coming!

Hey...anyone know of any specials going on for the 11/26 cruise? I usually sail solo and the best I could find was a price of $2000...not quite in my travel budget. I would sure like to get aboard the Summit!

Anyone know of any specials I haven't found? Thanks!

Hey Blair...nice thought, but I'm not looking for a roomie if I end up going. I don't mean to be offensive to anyone, but I just enjoy having my own cabin for obvious reasons. :) Thanks for your input also on this thread. You guys sound like a lot of fun! If I do decide to go on this cruise, I'll be sure to let you all know. Have a great one!

Hey Island04~

I respect that solo-cabin thing! About half of my sailings have been as a lone passenger and admit I enjoy it as well.....perhaps not for the same reasons as you (;) ) but just makes the comings and goings a lot easier.

I still am checking into decent pricing on ANY of the upcoming Summit journies, but not looking too good. Oh well!

Bon Voyage, y'all!

This will be our third cruise on Celebrity. We previously were on the Zenith to Bermuda and the Infinity to Hawaii. The Summit is for all intents and purposes identical to the Infinity. We loved our prior cruises and highly recommend Celebrity. There's tons to do on the ship and very few toddlers running around. We've had nothing but good experiences.

Archived