Digital pictures on CD

DonnaKSMJ

while I was on the Majesty, they had an offer to get a disk made from your memory card... I think you could also get prints. I think it was $19.99, it didn'tm specify for what size card... I'd call and check, since I've heard that the photographer may be from different companies on different ships?

I don't remember a price on the Dawn, but it was expensive. I don't think they'd transfer pictures multiple times to CD without paying the fee again. $20 sounds about right. Unfortunately with memory sticks, you get ripped off on the memory stick prices, otherwise I'd recommend another stick. Actually, I'd still recommend getting another memory stick over the CD route, unless you only needed to do the CD download once.

Don't know if you're interested...but, I've purchased several 256K memory cards over the past few weeks for a great price (after mail in rebate) from ecost.com.

I was going to take my laptop on board to keep dumping the cards onto the hard drive, but figured this might be a better way!

Wow, that's an expensive download. We take our laptop with us and download as we go. It's actually kind of fun to sit back and organize them and create our photo pages during those days at sea. If you don't want to pack up the laptop I would purchase another card.... you'll always have it for future use.

Archived