Dolphin Swim & Sea Lion Swim Package

ladycaveat

When I was in Cosmuel on my September 2003 cruise on Celebrity, I booked the dolphin swim at Chankanaab through dolphindiscovery.com and it was fantastic . . . both the service and the swim. Had a ball! Will be sailing on Carnival next April and want to do the dolphin swim again . . . and the sea lion swim. Discovery offers a package for $135.00 (I think that was the amount and it includes entrance to the park and sea lion show) that I'd like to take. Has anyone ever booked this package? Has anyone ever done the sea lion swim? Is it worth the money ($135.00 plus about $20.00 round trip taxi to the park . . . I'm traveling alone so will have to pay for a taxi for one)? Also, if one books this package through the cruise line (if it's even offered) does it include transportation? Help!

The package you are talking about includes the snorkel/swim adventure with the dolphins, sea lion swim, sea lion show and park entrance. I just did the sea lion swim and show a few weeks ago and it was very entertaining. It's a good deal considering you would pay $99 for just the snorkel with dolphins plus 12 for the park entrance. As far as a taxi, I would ask if anyone else was headed to Chankanaab that you could share a cab with. Also, once you finish your dolphin/sea lion activities you can spend the rest of the day there exploring the gardens, snorkeling or just relaxing under a palapa!!

I did this package on Sunday.....booked it through http://www.cozumelinsider.com It was well worth the price ($165 included admission to the park, royal dolphin swim, sea lion swim, and sea lion show)

The sea was a bit rough....rough enough that the dolphin swim excursions booked through the cruise line were cancelled. However, as I booked independently, mine was not cancelled. Altho, my 10am swim was moved to noon and a few things got moved around. Actually, things worked out better as we were back to the pier about an hour early because of the rearrangements :)

Definitely worth the $$$

Thanks DOL, Coz and roohound . . . really looking forward to this excursion and will probably book it directly through the park as I did on my on my last cruise. I just hope that this time (as on my last cruise) I can get some others from my ship to share in the price of a cab to the park . . . not to mention taking part in this excursion. Closer it gets to cruise time . . . I hope there will be more interest. Because my cruise is over five months away . . . have only met one other person on the boards that is going on this cruise. I really am looking forward to this curise . . . an this excursion in particular . . .

taxi fare was only $10 from Puerta Maya to the park.

One thing about booking directly as opposed to with the cruise line....seas were a bit rough and all dolphin excursions booked with the cruise line were cancelled. My 10 am dolphin swim was moved to noon. Admittedly, the water was rougher than I would have liked but at least I got to do it :)

Archived