Pirates...OH MY....Ship Security ?

bajathree

[quote name='AnotherCruisingKid']The risks of taking 1000 or more people captive lends to the possibility that any of the 1000 may try to do something to stop you.

A supertanker or any cargo ship has what? 20-25 on board? The risks are a lot less.

Now I know some of the cruise ships have been attacked, I just think this makes the pirates dumb. And I'd bet they're not the same pirates taking the large prizes. So called "copy cat" pirates if you will.

So I agree that the attacks are going on. I'm just saying its not as smart as attacking a cargo/tanker and if I were a pirate I wouldnt be attacking cruise ships.[/QUOTE]

A "dumb" pirate isn't any less dangerous. Probably more so.

[quote name='Kim4']A "dumb" pirate isn't any less dangerous. Probably more so.[/quote]
I agree. Although they are probably outfitted with less highend gear as they weren't successful.

Once these guys get faster boats, out running wont be an option. I'd be shocked if these cruise ships get anywhere above maybe 32 knots if they really had to push it in a short burst. And chances are thats too high.

But its easy for me to say all this as I am not going to that part of the world anytime soon.

[quote name='Gonzo70']Maybe the "dumb" pirates would head straight for the topless sunbathing deck in search of booty. :D[/quote]

They'd have to be dumb to try this on an RCI ship, as there is usually not a topless sunbathing deck, except on some european cruises! :p

Eric

Archived