Hurricane Effects

JohnSC

Now that cruise ships have been permitted to return to Grand Caymen, can someone who has been there since the hurricane struck the island tell me what conditions are like. Specifically, are the major excursions running again?

I was there on 11/1 off the Inspiration. Most of the major tour seemed to be opperating (Stingrays, turtles, trip to Hell) I did not do any of these but heard good things from other passengers. The Atlantis Submarine was not running yet though. I stopped in the shop and asked about it after seeing that it was not on the ships excursion lists. As for the rest of the island, I don't know, we had very little time in Grand Cayman and didn't venture that far out of the shopping areas near the port.

• 4 weeks later...

Geddesh-I thought it was against Cruise Critic Rules for a vendor or operator to advertise on this thread?confused.gif

JohnSC-We were in Georgetown on 11-16-2004 off of the Grandeur. The majority of the tour operators were back in business. The main tourist area was in good shape however the surrounding area is still in shambles. The day we were in port most of the water excursions were cancelled due to the high winds. It was amazing to watch some of the "shoestring operators" go out anyway. You know it really had to be rough and dangerous for the large operators to cancel, especially knowing how strapped for money they are. Really made me appreciate them looking out for the tourist saftey, rather than their own livelyhood.auskosten.gif

Archived