Condition of Millenium??

mollyvicto

We love to read Cruise Critic, and hope you can give us objective answers to our question. We are sailing the Millenium for two weeks in April to Hawaii, and as we have a CC stateroom and high airfare, it is quite a pricey trip. It seems we've been reading lots of reports stating that the ship isn't in very good shape and the food isn't up to par. We've sailed the Constellation several times, the Infinity twice, the Mercury, and the Century. Can you tell us if we're going to be in for a big letdown, or is it just things we can overlook as we love cruising. Thanks for all your help.

I was on the Millennium the beginning of September in a CC room. The ship was in really good shape ... clean, beautiful, interesting. I loved it. I found the food to be really good and presented well. The Olympic Restaurant, of course, was fantastic ... a three plus hour dining extravaganza worth every extra penny just for the sheer fun of it.

I am going on the Constellation in March because it is going where I want to go and because it is a sister ship. I would love to return to the Millennium whenever I have the opportunity, with or without a refurb.

Just my two cents, but I loved her.:)

fern

We were on the Millennium the end of September (14 day, sept 22-oct 06) Unlike some on these boards, we found her to be a very nice ship. We loved the service, throughout the whole ship. The food was ok, with the food in the MDR being just ok, steaks were tough and the lobster was rubbery. But we always found something to eat and NEVER went hungry. The Olympic dining room was outstanding - food and service.

The condition of the ship - while she is showing her age, when you have over 2,000 people walking all over you every week, week after week, they do the best they can, always saw someone cleaning or doing some sort of matience in different areas. All in all the public areas of the ship were in great condition.

Our cabin - There was a little wear and tear, carpet a little worn, one tile in the bathroom, on the floor beside the toilet, was cracked, it was nothing that ruined my cruise. had no problems with any outlets not working or key cards not working. doors and slider to balcony worked fine.

The staff and service - In a word , FANTASTIC!!! from our room steward, dining staff, and all the bar staff we encountered. The service was great, could not ask for any better. ANYTHING we asked for was there in a minute.

Overall - I would not hesitate to book the Millennium again, in fact we are booked on the sister ship Infinity to the Panama Canal in September!

Have a wonderful cruise, and if you see Elves or Donny in the MDR tell them Hi from me. Also congrats to Elves on his becoming a Daddy soon, in March or April, I believe.

Melody:)

She is fabulous! Sure she could use a refurb - we are in a Celebrity Suite and the furnishings are dated and tired. If I want to be picky, our butler could be better, but we have had the most fabulous time ever!

We are currently having a sea day and almost finished :( I am a foodie and not as disappointed with the food as I was fearing from the reports on the board. It is way better than the HAL cruise I took last year. I think I'll like Crystal more, but we have been too busy to care. It has been a wonderful experience, so RELAX and enjoy it!!!

Rebecca

Hi.

Are you talking about Elvis, the sommelier? If so, I am delighted for him. He felt like he became a friend over the week with him. He was wonderfully generous with his time and expertise. If this is who we are talking about, please send hellos and congratulations from Fern and David as well.

Thanks,

fern

Hi Mollyvicto,

We think you'll LOVE Celebrity Millennium. We, too, were aboard in September '08 and found it to be a marvelous experience.

Here's a link for ship photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/Calvin1956

That link will take you to my Webshots page. Near the top of the page there are 4 albums of Millennium photos, Interior, Exterior, Concierge Class, and The Olympic Restaurant.

Have a great cruise!

CM

Thanks for the Photos, been wondering after all the gripping from posters that the ship was falling apart, and we're on her for 2 weeks in Jan. Never been on any present Celeb. ship. She doesn't look brand new...but like a Grande Dame who's just a little worn on the seams, but still pretty classy! Think we will enjoy being on her... Again Thanks!!!

Hi. I would like to add my Millennium photos for perusal as well. I loved the art on the ship so I took a lot of shots of art all over. Here's the URL: http://gallery.me.com/fernnemenyi

In the middle of my Alaska 2008 trip on the Millennium is a folder just of the ship pretty much. Hope you think she's beautiful.

fern

We were on the same cruise as Melody and it was fantastic.

I wonder about folks who seemingly have a checklist when they cruise and come up with all sort of nit picky "violations." I have spent about 120 nights on Celebrity cruises, including 4 straight days when I was quarantined, and I have no idea what color the carpet was, let alone what shape it was in, or if there was part of the deck rail that needed varnishing, etc.

Suffice it to say the ship was cleaner than our house and the food was better. We saw beautiful scenery, visited great ports of call, made new friends, and had some wonderful experiences.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I just returned from a 12-night New Zealand to Australia cruise on the ship. While she is going into dry dock for some updates in April, she is fine now! Both the ship and my cabin were clean and comfortable.The ship was clean and constantly being cared for. The entertainment was low-key, but you must know that. The choice of foods is very broad and well-prepared. The crew definitely aimed to please. I would not listen to anyone who examines a ship with a microscope. I have sailed on many ships and definitely recommend this as a great experience. That said, I do also enjoy Princess very much!:o

wvufan-

I totally agree with you!!! If I saw any major damage or places that needed repair I sure did not notice. I WAS ON A CRUISE!!! It was a beautiful ship and I sure would book it again in a heartbeat!

Anyone that goes, I'm sure will have a great time and a fantastic cruise!

Melody :)

We were on the same cruise as Melody and it was fantastic.

I wonder about folks who seemingly have a checklist when they cruise and come up with all sort of nit picky "violations." I have spent about 120 nights on Celebrity cruises, including 4 straight days when I was quarantined, and I have no idea what color the carpet was, let alone what shape it was in, or if there was part of the deck rail that needed varnishing, etc.

Suffice it to say the ship was cleaner than our house and the food was better. We saw beautiful scenery, visited great ports of call, made new friends, and had some wonderful experiences.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I love to find people on this forum that have the same attitude as we do. This is exactly what we are on a cruise for, beats hopping on & off buses every day or so, packing & unpacking, eating at odd hrs. and having to PAY for it. Meet many more folk than on a land tour And last but not least...I have to say the room is indeed WAY cleaner than my house, and the best part of the food...I (tho I do like to cook when I want to) don't have to cook it for 2 whole weeks this next trip!!:D

Thanks everyone for your positive comments on the Millenium. You've all helped us look forward to our trip to Hawaii, and it was nice to hear from people who weren't nitpicking every little thing. This is our 13th cruise on a celebrity ship and we've never been disappointed. Thanks again. Also, we appreciate all the pictures.

Ginny

Archived