3:30 PM Departure out of PBI

jerseycruzer

Hello All,

We are going to be cruising on the Valor from the POM on 1/4/09, coming back on 1/11/09. We have return tickets from West Palm Beach airport at 3:30 PM.

My question is whether we will be able to make it in time for this flight, or should we take the later flight (at 5:30 PM). We would prefer the earlier flight so we can get back home in time...but dont really know if we have enough time to get off the ship, get a rental car (or maybe a van pickup from the port) and drive to PBI from Miami.

Any experiences or recommendations will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Not only will you easily make it, you'll have plenty of time to spare. Obtaining a one way car rental is not only a great idea, it's the most economical way to get PBI from Port of Miami. Go for it, you'll be at the airport before noon.

55 brrrrr

Thanks much Bequia....Count on the folks here to answer your questions....

We are also considering hiring a passenger van (our group is 8 adults + 4 kids + 2 infants) that would take us directly from POM to PBI. I spoke with a couple companies (again thanks to fellow Ccers) and their quotes are reasonable (~$200)...the only challenge is no one seems to agree with the luggage...one company says a 10 pax van will be OK while another says we need a 10 pax van + a luggage trailer (addl. $75)

Any thoughts ?

Hello All,

We are going to be cruising on the Valor from the POM on 1/4/09, coming back on 1/11/09. We have return tickets from West Palm Beach airport at 3:30 PM.

My question is whether we will be able to make it in time for this flight, or should we take the later flight (at 5:30 PM). We would prefer the earlier flight so we can get back home in time...but dont really know if we have enough time to get off the ship, get a rental car (or maybe a van pickup from the port) and drive to PBI from Miami.

Any experiences or recommendations will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

You have plenty of time. Do not change anything, you will make it to WPB with lots of time to spare. Have a great trip!

Thank you much floridacruiser63. :)

I had read a ton of posts on this here at CC, but our past experience has been sailing out of NY...and there we were only able to get off the ship after 11 AM and that after we were No. 7 in the disembarkment priority (out of 25)...So I can only imagine that folks that were no 25 would have got off only at 1 PM...

Thanks again !

I just did this last month. I was off the ship by 8am and could have easily made it to PBI by 11am (had to wait for the rental car shuttle). We stopped for lunch and still made our 2pm flight with lots of time to spare. Driving I-95 on the weekend was much smoother than a friday afternoon ;).

Archived